The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflicts and disasters and people affected by social or health related crises. The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross assists in disaster response, rehabilitation and capacity building projects internationally on appeals of their sister organisations within the Movement.
GRC is currently seeking a Project Manager with Cash Transfer Programming (CTP) / WASH expertise for the management of two drought response projects in Somaliland.
The Project Manager will support the Somali Red Crescent Society (SRCS) in the implementation of a Cash Transfer Project (CTP) and a DG ECHO funded Action with components of Multi-Purpose Cash (MPC) and WASH (focus on hygiene promotion). Both projects have started already and will run until end of March 2018. An extension of the funded Action until end of October 2018 is expected. The project is foreseen to provide MPC and WASH activities in the region of Togdheer, Somaliland.
Duration: starting as soon as possible for 4 months with a possible extension until October 2018 depending on funding
Location: Hargeisa, Somaliland
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Responsibility for the overall management of two projects (own funds and DG ECHO-funded) in response to the drought in selected regions of Somaliland
- Represent GRC in Somaliland regarding these specific projects vis-à-vis the SRCS, Movement partners and other stakeholders
- Build and foster good relations with the SRCS, the Federation Secretariat, the ICRC, Partner National Societies (PNSs) and other national and international organizations in the country, in relation to these projects
- Represent GRC during project-specific donor/partner monitoring visits.
- Promote effective team building among the project staff to promote diversity and create an enabling environment whereby team members – individually and collectively – can give their best in pursuit of the project objectives
- Report to the Head of GRC Office in Nairobi, and maintain regular technical communication with the ECHO Consortium partners
- Oversee project process including financial reporting by SRCS, provide feed-back and submit regular progress and financial reports to GRC Regional Head of Office and Finance Delegate, as per the donor and GRC requirements
- Provide technical guidance and support in relevant areas, particularly in Cash and WASH activities
- Develop and lead the monitoring and supervision plan, in cooperation with SRCS counterparts
- Ensure adherence to DG ECHO and GRC standards and requirements of programme implementation, financial management and procurement
- Establish and maintain close coordination with other SRCS departments and external agencies engaged in similar interventions within and without the Movement and work towards aligning approaches to the extent possible; include and encourage SRCS to take part in inter-agency coordination at all levels
- Adhere to GRC security regulations, and advise GRC Regional Head of Office (based in Nairobi) on changes in political and security environment which may affect access and implementation of the project. Suggest adjustments to security regulations as per the changing environment, for Regional Head of Office approval
- Facilitate monitoring visits by GRC Nairobi, HQ Berlin, ECHO or other external stakeholders, as required
- Profound experience in Project Management
- Experience in managing WASH activates and preferably CTP components
- Readiness to work in remote areas with frequent travels
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability and agreement to adhere to the Red Cross Red Crescent Fundamental Principles
- Readiness to go on assignment without partner
- Oral and written fluency in English
- Ability to work effectively in multi-cultural environments
- Ability to complete a thorough medical screening process 'working abroad under specific climate and health conditions'
- Valid Driving License
What we offer you:
You will be part of a highly motivated professional and multicultural team. We offer you a compensation package according to the collective employment agreement of the GRC, an expatriation allowance during your mission as well as your accommodation. In addition to a full insurance package GRC is covering a home flight within a 12-months period of assignment. Medical check-ups and Psychosocial Support Service are included in your assignment and last but not least a comprehensive training package as well as briefings prior, during and after your mission will complete your employment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Kindly apply by submitting your application by using the GRC online application system DRK HRnet until 8th December 2017.
Please indicate Ref. No. 2017 – 177 with your application.
Further information on our recruiting procedure can be found on our homepage.