Applications accepted until the position is filled
The University of Colorado, Boulder is seeking a half-time Program Support Assistant for the USAID-funded Sustainable WASH Systems Learning Partnership. The Program Support Assistant will (1) support the creation of key project deliverables and reports, (2) translate WASH sector research into summarized briefing materials, (3) support the administration and oversight of partnership activities, and (4) perform other project management and administration functions, at the direction of the Chief of Party, or Deputy Chief of Party.
The USAID Sustainable WASH Systems Learning Partnership (SWS) is a five-year effort that explores systems-based approaches to improving the sustainability of WASH services. The partnership is led by the University of Colorado, Boulder, and includes seven other partners. SWS implements activities in Cambodia, Ethiopia, Kenya, and Uganda. The program began in September 2016, and will be completed in September 2021.
This position is 50% time (20 hours/week), and is based in Washington, DC.
- Relevant academic training a field relevant to international water, sanitation, and hygiene activities
- 2-5 years of work experience in global WASH activities and/or topics
- Excellent communications skills (writing, presentations, etc.)
- Knowledge of the concept of “systems approaches” and related mapping of systems
- Knowledge of USAID and other WASH-sector donor requirements and activity implementation
- Support the drafting of project deliverables (work plans, progress reports, etc.)
- Summarize and/or repackage knowledge products for different audiences (i.e., prepare a 4-page “Research Brief” from a 75-page research report)
- Take notes in key meetings with USAID, the SWS Steering Committee, the SWS Advisory Board, government stakeholders, etc.
- Prepare and/or contribute to an internal monthly SWS update
- Prepare and/or contribute to an external SWS newsletter
- Support logistics for meetings and events
- Perform other project administration and management tasks, as directed
To apply, please send a resume, brief cover letter to [email protected]