Monitoring & Evaluation Associate
- Review Excel-based survey data quality control reports from partner programs. Suggest improvements in data collection to field teams to improve the quality of information collected on an ongoing basis.
- Systematically clean survey data for consistency both within data sets and across all data collected.
- Analyze survey data with statistical analysis software. Calculate summary statistics for program indicators, and perform regression analysis to identify associated factors in larger data sets.
- Create data visualizations to make quantitative information more easily accessible and interpreted.
- Draft reports and presentations to share information both internally and externally.
- Support capacity building and training of data collection teams, including international travel to support in-country training sessions.
- Maintain relevant databases, data sets, and results to ensure the information partners and staff are accessing is accurate and up to date.
- Support Monitoring & Evaluation and Water Programs team projects and deliverables.
- Support the Data Pool within the Water Programs team by drafting meeting minutes and ensuring action items are followed up on.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in mathematics, statistics, engineering, public health or international development
- Experience with quantitative data analysis and working with survey data
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel, experience with statistical analysis software such as R, Stata, SAS, or SPSS, and familiarity with ArcGIS preferred
- Great organizational and project management skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of international development context - specifically water, sanitation, and hygiene
You value precision
You’re meticulous. You know accuracy is important regardless of whether anyone is watching, and you strive for excellence in every detail.
You’re a great communicator
You can turn data and numbers into effective and compelling messages. You are concise and operate with poise, dignity, and reliability in both your personal and professional worlds.
You’re so organized, it’s embarrassing
You pay remarkable attention to the smallest details and have meticulous organizational skills. Your closet and kitchen drawers are a testament to this skill: when something doesn’t have a place, you make one for it and teach others to keep it that way.
You are teachable
You have the humility to admit when you don’t know something, and the drive to learn it.
You're not only driven - you can drive your own boat
You work independently. You're a self-starter -- even if no one else were in the office, you'd work just as hard.
Please apply by January 19th, 2018.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to re-locate to) the NYC area only.