Centre for Advanced Sanitation Solutions (CASS) is looking for an exceptional individual with experience in training, instructional design, water, and sanitation, to build the capacity of our stakeholders all over India. The position will appeal to you if
- You are passionate about training on sanitation solutions
- You are looking for a new challenge and a novel way to apply your instructional design, training, and facilitation skills.
The Position: Senior Training Design Specialist
Reports to: Director of CASS
Type of position: Full time, permanent.
Location: The position is based in Bangalore, Karnataka. Role involves frequent inter-state travel to deliver Train the Trainer Sessions and to supervise Training Delivery Sessions by New and Upcoming Trainers.
Application Due Date: Submit your application by December 15th, 2017.
The Senior Training Design Specialist is part of CASS’s team. In this position, you will work directly with stakeholders and key resource persons (internal staff) to increase their capacity to effectively design, develop, deliver, and evaluate training on DEWATs, Fecal Sludge Treatment & Management and the other sanitation topics. You will support upcoming trainers to improve their skills through mentoring and coaching on effective training design and delivery. You will also work with clients to co-develop training materials that will be on specific sanitation solutions and other sanitation related needs. You will feedback these experiences to members of Technical Team (key resource persons), to support them in the design of relevant and timely online and face-to-face training materials.
This is a demanding role that requires a creative, motivated, and enthusiastic person who wants to contribute to building the capacity for developing and implementing sanitation solutions nationally. As an ideal candidate, you will have a proven track record of designing courses for adults, with a focus on content for national audiences, as well as extensive experience developing and delivering workshops or courses for participants who work in the public agencies and departments as well as participants who have technical, science and engineering qualifications.
An approximate breakdown of your role can be summarized as:
- 30% – Training, Coaching and Mentoring of internal staff
- 30% – Training Design, Content Development and Review
- 20% – Building capacity of local public officials and stakeholder engagement
- 15% – Business development and writing funding applications and proposals
- 5% – Operations, Planning and Reporting
Please answer all questions to the best of your ability. Be as specific as possible and try to keep each answer under half a page.
- What has motivated you to consider working at CASS?
- What excites you most about this particular role at CASS?
- What is your philosophy on education and training? Please support your answer with an example you have of developing and delivering face-to-face training, preferably for an audience in a low-income country.
- What are your long-term career goals and aspirations? Where do you see yourself in five years?
Please apply by sending your cover letter, resume, and completed questionnaire to: [email protected] . Review of applications will begin on December 16th 2017. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled. Please note: only those applicants granted an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
CASS is the capacity building arm of CDD Society that focuses on sustainable post-toilet sanitation technology solutions to empower India’s public and private sanitation professionals and engineers in implementing sustainable solutions that cost less and provide more benefits. CASS transfers knowledge and skills to organizations and individuals in all states of India and also neighboring countries within South Asia through education, training, and consulting services. Since 2002, CASS’s national client network, including governments, community-based charitable organizations, local enterprises, international development agencies, and educational institutions, has helped implement 279 DEWATS™ in India and about 100 DEWATS™ in abroad.
- Our vision is a world where people have the opportunity to succeed because their basic water and sanitation needs have been met.
- Our mission is to provide technical training and consulting, and to act as a centre of expertise in advanced and sustainable sanitation for the Indian communities living in different States.
CASS values equitable opportunities, sustainable solutions, and collaborative and inclusive processes..