Develop the Chamber’s priorities and implement strategic recommendations for environmental and sustainability policy.
- Work with senior leadership across the organization to develop a long-term vision and a proactive organizational and advocacy strategy for environmental and sustainability policy.
- Drive value for existing and prospective members by providing proactive and reactive federal legislative analysis and solutions to advance member interests.
- Initiate and conduct strategic analysis of environmental and sustainability policy proposals and prioritize issues for members.
- Ensure that Chamber positions in the environmental and sustainability space are aligned with overall policy positions and initiatives.
- Ensure that the Chamber is viewed as an influential leader on environmental and sustainability issues and a trusted resource for key industry leaders, policymakers, and influencers.
- Develop strategic partnerships with key companies and other organizations to advance bipartisan, forward-thinking initiatives and policies in the environmental and sustainability space.
- Drive creative solutions in concert with internal groups to design and achieve policy and regulatory successes.
- Represent the Chamber and its members by speaking at events, testifying before Congress, and communicating to the press, members, and allies on issues around strategic goals and initiatives.
- Identify, secure, and manage external coalitions that add value.
- Seek opportunities to increase the visibility of the Chamber and its work on environmental and sustainability-related programming.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in a field related to energy or environmental science; an advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years in a leadership role in an advocacy setting with comprehensive knowledge of environmental policy and related industry issues.
- A deep understanding of the scale, nuance, key players, and political discourse surrounding these issues.
- Knowledge of Congress and the federal legislative and political processes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including an ability to work well on a team and deal effectively with individuals including top officials in government and the private sector.
- Knowledge of key issues and players on climate and clean energy issues.
- Ability to effectively persuade others to listen, commit to, and act on new approaches and gain support from others.
- Demonstrated ability to write and present information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner.
- A strategic leader with political acumen and a track record of accomplished successes.
- Media experience.
- Strong ability to forge solid working relationships with colleagues across an organization.
- Creative problem solver.
- Able to identify and secure nontraditional partners to accomplish shared goals.
We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our recruitment and employment policies are inclusive. We respect both the spirit and letter of the laws of equal employment opportunity.