WWF Myanmar was established in 2013 and is working to conserve the country’s biodiversity and build a secure and sustainable future for people and wildlife. The focus is on promoting green economy into national policies and to sustain and protect biodiversity and connectivity of the transboundary Dawna Tennasserim Landscape (DTL) through an integrated landscape approach, and of the Ayeyarwady River system through an integrated river basin management approach IRBM). Find out more at http://www.wwf.org.mm.
WWF-Myanmar is now inviting applications for a Project Manager – Sustainable Production Position based in Yangon.
The Project Manager will lead the overall implementation of the Sustainable Production project “Catalysing Sustainable Water and Energy Management in Food and Beverage Industries in the Ayeyarwady River Basin”, which aims to demonstrate and scale up green investments in energy efficiency and waste water treatment in small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the F&B Sector. The overall objective of the project is: “Cleaner production in the Myanmar F&B sector is promoted, improving the sector’s environmental performance and contributing to a ‘green economy’”. In order to achieve this, the specific objective is: “As a result of policies, business support structures, increased capacity and improved access to finance, SMEs in the F&B sector in Myanmar are enabled to adopt sustainable energy and water management practices by 2021”.
Overall project Management: Responsible for the management and implementation of Sustainable Production project and contribute to WWF Myanmar’s conservation targets on energy and freshwater .
Contribution to WWF Conservation Targets: Work closely with the Sustainable Business Program Manager, Energy Manager, and Freshwater Program Manager to ensure contribution to WWF renewable energy and freshwater goals. Work closely with the Sustainable Business team to leverage innovative financing mechanism to catalyse green investment.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor and/or Master degree in economics, business, finance, engineering, environmental management, sustainable production or related field
- 5 years of extensive practical experience in managing and implementing projects in development cooperation in the fields of private sector/ SME development, corporate environmental management, natural resource management, sustainable finance, energy management, freshwater management/waste water treatment, or related area, out of which 2 years should be related to sustainable production, preferably in SMEs
- Proven experiences in project management, including technical and financial management
- Experiences in leadership position & staff management
- Experience in facilitating public-private dialogue and developing a shared understanding, strategies and action plan
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of Myanmar language is desirable. This position is open to both Myanmar and International applicants
- Proven experience of working in Myanmar or South East Asia
- Experience in Managing EU funded projects will be a distint advantage
- People management, coaching and capacity building/development
- Presentation and communications
- Planning and organisation
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Financial management
- Strategic thinking, decision making, report writing
- Problem solving and management of conflict, risk, and crisis
- Monitoring and evalation
Interested candidates should email [email protected] or send a hard copy cover letter and curriculum vitae in English to 15C, Than Taman Street, Dagon Township Yangon, stating the applied position title. Email application documents should be addressed as Document_Yourfullname. Closing Date: 21 December 2017 (Thursday).