Project Officer Sustainable Investment
WWF (The World Wide Fund for Nature) is an international non-governmental organization that deals with conservation of nature through a number of environmental management programmes. Our mission is to stop the degradation of the Planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which human live in harmony with nature. WWF-Tanzania Country Office (WWF-TCO) is seeking to hire the ‘Project Officer Sustainable Investment’ to be based in Dar es Salaam office.
The Project Officer will work under the technical guidance of the Policy Advisor. S/He will be directly responsible for the implementation and management of the Sustainable Investments programme activities in Tanzania Country Office. The project officer shall be responsible coordinating and coordinating Sustainable Investments activities with other partners, networks/platforms supported by WWF at different levels as part of the cross-cutting support to WWF Tanzania Country Office strategic objectives in coordination with the regional programme Strategy.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
With guidance from the Policy Advisor the specific responsibilities shall be:
- Participate in the implementation of WWF Tanzania Country office conservation strategy and programmes aligned to Sustainable Investments
- Prepare periodic or annual work plans, reports and budgets, alongside documentation of impacts of the Sustainable Investments related activities within the WWF programmes.
- Ensure that regional programme set objectives and activities are achieved in a timely, cost-effective and in collaboration with other TCO and regional programme teams.
- As a programme focal point in Tanzania, be responsible for the planning and implementation of Sustainable Investments activities and initiatives in close cooperation with other partners including.
- Promote and maintain strategic networks/ linkages/synergies at both formal and informal levels including WWF engagements in development corridors like SAGCOT among others.
- A minimum of a First Degree in Natural resource management, economics, development or related field. Possession of a Masters degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage;
- Good interpersonal skills
- A good team player
- Excellent analytical, writing and communications skills;
- Computer literacy;
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili
- Passionate, challenging, inspiring, persevering and delivering results.
Additional information, including Terms of Reference, can be obtained via http://wwf.panda.org/who_we_are/jobs_wwf/ . Applications must include a Cover Letter and complete CV with full contact details of three referees and should be addressed to the Human Resources Manager through [email protected] by Monday, 04th December 2017 at 4:30 pm. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and the interviews will take place in Dar es Salaam. WWF is equal opportunity Organization.