Terre des hommes (Tdh) launched its activities in Iraq, in January 2015. Tdh has provided cash assistance to displaced and vulnerable host families. Tdh has followed humanitarian developments in through winterization kits and safe water drinking supply. Tdh strategy is to provide integrated humanitarian assistance for all IDPs located between Tikrit town up to Al-Hajaj, as well as all the newly liberated areas, such as Shirgat, Qayyarah and Tal Afar. Tdh is consolidating its assistance to Tooz district which is facing a lack of humanitarian presence and assistance.
Responsabilités principales :
In his/her capacity as representative of Tdh, the WASH WTP Rehabilitation Manager supervises rehabilitation, maintenance and operations activities being implemented in the framework of Tdh Projects. S/he participates in the assessment of WTP equipment, testing and maintenance activities, and supervises and follows-up rehabilitation and maintenance works by Tdh staff or external service providers or contractor. S/he validates the quality of the work in regards to the Tdh mandate and commitments and international standards. The WASH WTP Rehabilatation Manager will work in different governorates to bring his/her expertise on different locations.
Swiss salaried contract 2’950 CHF (~2’550 €) < > 4’300 CHF (~3’700 €) net /month according to experience x 13, Holidays: 25 days per year. Local accommodation and transportation, health insurance, accident and medical repatriation insurance, return flight.
Fonction details :
Main responsibilities :
Programme Planning and Implementation
- Responsible for the implementation of the WASH maintenance, rehabilitation, and operation activities on Water Treatment Plants.
- Ensures implementation of the activities in line with relevant national/international standards, codes of conduct, and humanitarian principles; that WASH activities correspond to the standards of the Iraqi government, WASH Cluster, and Tdh guidelines.
- Supervises team members by assigning them activities according to the priority and supports them in order to reach to project objectives, including setting up the activities schedule every week.
- Supervises and directs works through external service providers, including supplier, contractor (mechanical erection and electrical works), in order to match deadlines, quality and industrial standards.
- Reviews the budget with the line manager, in order to direct future spending or change expenses forecasted; keeping proper records of expenditures and reports on these to the line manager.
- Communicates clearly with supervisors on all results and findings and seeks approval at all stages : assessment,project proposal of solution, and implementation.
- Identifies any major discrepancy/delay that may arise in project implementation and reports immediately to line manager; ensures that action is taken to mitigate delay or cost risks.
- Develops common priority actions leading to solutions to the identified problems; informs HR, logistics and beneficiaries.
- Conducts assessment on WTPs equipment
- Carries out market price surveys, and follows purchase processes
- Trains his/her team in the technical and methodological aspects.
- Adapts the Tdh WASH tools and capitalises experiences by sharing the developed tools in the field with the line manager (including technical plans and BoQ)
- Compiles all the essential technical documents for the projects on a digital medium to be shared with line manager.
- Assists on designing new activities and projects.
Monitorting, Evalution, Information Management and Reporting
In collaboration with the M&E Unit:
- Ensures the quality of the monitoring of WASH maintenance, rehabilitation, and operation activities on WTPs.
- Ensures that the project is reaching indicators and accurately reported.
- Collaborates in organising surveys with his/her supervisor and participates actively in conducting them, and analysing them.
- Collects data from field activities, ensures proper record keeping of them, and prepares daily follow up, weekly and monthly reports on global WASH activities in time.
- Leads and gathers data during needs assessment, baseline, periodic and endline studies.
- Collects feed-back or any relevant information (about the WASH activities, security, child protection) from the different stakeholders and from the field and reports them to the WASH Program Assistant or any concerned Tdh manager.
- Prepares reports on activities for Donors and Partners including pictures, rationale and BoQ
External Relations and Coordination
- Liaises with the local government officials, other NGOs and community based organization’s (CBO) at the community level to ensure their cooperation and coordination for effective implementation of the programme in the areas.
- Keeps always close contact with respective local government department to ensure their active participation for effective implementation of the programme activities as well as proper use of resources.
- Ensures good relationships with the beneficiaries, promoting and facilitating accountability toward beneficiary populations and maintinaing good communication with them.
- Represents Tdh on local exercises in his/her geographic area of responsibility.
- If asked by line manager(s), represents Tdh at the interagency coordination meeting (Bagdad WASH Cluster, special meeting, and anyother relevant meeting) and ensures high quality of the information provided.
- Ensures that a positive and professional image of Tdh is conveyed. In particular, ensures that Tdh’s mandate, thematic policies, ethics, values and views are followed in relation to third parties.
- Uses programme resources effectively and with care.
- Facilitates to mobilize local resources and maximize the use of them.
- Develops training on WASH technical and methodological aspects and implements them with beneficiaries.
- Organizes day-to-day logistics, administration, and personnel activities in consultation with the WASH Program Manager(s).
Personnel and Team Management
- Communicates and collaborates in accordance with Technical Coordinator and the Field Coordinator.
- Attends and takes part in the necessary meetings for passing on information for the smooth running of WASH ?activities.
- Is responsible for his/her own continuing training to develop his/her skills.
- Provides professional guidance for team members.
Child Safeguarding Policy
- Raising awareness within the Foundation on violence against children.
- Providing guidance to employees and others and defining expectations when it comes to preventing, raising, denouncing and responding to issues of child abuse.
- Reducing the risk of child abuse by selectively recruiting employees and others.
- Reducing the risk of child abuse by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children.
Competencies: This function requires the mastery of Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC), Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC) and Management and Strategic Competencies (MSC).
- Manages time and priorites, meets deadlines.
- Cooperates and contributes to achieving goals.
- Supports and advises colleagues.
- Adapts communication to the intercultural environment.
- Respect for others.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in installation, commissioning, maintenance or operation of industrial electro-mechanical equipment (Water treatment, oil and gas or similar industries).
- Engineer on Water treatment, Water Station dimensioning, etc.
- Fluency in spoken and written English. Arabic is an asset.
- The ability to report clearly diagnosis results, problems and proposed solution.
- The ability to work independently.