Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 67 members, 48 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB’s mission is to reduce poverty and promote sustainable economic growth in the region. ADB’s main instruments for helping its developing member countries are policy dialogue, loans, equity investments, guarantees, grants, and technical assistance.
ADB only hires nationals of its 67 member countries.
The position is assigned in the Environment, Natural Resources & Agriculture Division (SEER) within the Southeast Asia Department (SERD). SERD is responsible for maintaining client relations and delivering ADB assistance to countries in the Southeast Asian region. SEER deals with policy development, oversight of strategy implementation, knowledge management, budget management, project quality assurance, sector analytic work and most loan and technical assistance processing and administration in the agriculture, natural resources and rural development sector, including agricultural and food productivity, climate resilience and environmental sustainability, sustainable infrastructure, and natural resources management.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Project Analyst will provide statistical and analytical support to the functions of portfolio management, including e-Operations (eOps) as well as technical assistance in project processing and administration activities related to SEER projects. The incumbent will report to the designated international staff and senior national staff.
- Support administration actions during project processing which may include procurement-related advance action activities and review of project-readiness filters to ensure quality-at-entry, and contribute to the preparation and update of Project Administration Manual (PAM)/Facility Administration Manual (FAM).
- Assist in the maintenance of project records in ADB systems, recruitment of project processing consultants, monitor project implementation progress, and analyze in detail the problems encountered by the projects flagged “at risk” and recommend remedial measures.
- Prepare and update individual Project Performance Reports (PPRs)/Technical Assistance Performance Reports (TPRs) in the eOps, and participate in the departmental portfolio meetings as needed.
- Compile data and statistics on contract awards and disbursements to support reports to the management, monitor and analyze the actual awards and disbursements against targets, and follow up these matters with the Executing Agencies (EA).
- Monitor compliance with loan and TA covenants, follow up outstanding obligations of EA, and input data on the status of such compliance into the Project Administration Systems (PAS) of the mainframe computer.
- Participate in various missions, assist in collecting data on contract awards and disbursements, project accounts, compliance with loan covenants, familiarize EAs with ADB’s loan procedures and assisting them where necessary in the preparation of reports and applications.
- Assist in the review of documents such as request for proposal, bid evaluation report, contract awards-related documents/reports, and drafts procurement-related papers and other project implementation reports and TA proposals as required.
- Prepare yearly contract awards and disbursement projections in consultation with the EAs and monitors actual figures against the projected target, administer disbursement-related activities, and review and process below free limit subloans.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor and as reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Relevant Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or a relevant discipline.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of ADB’s operational processes and procedures.
- Proven ability to undertake background research and analysis on difficult but well-defined tasks, collect and organize required data and information, apply appropriate computer skills in analyzing and developing the data; and prepare notes, papers and sections of reports.
- In-depth understanding of the interaction between different ADB work areas and relevant workflows and their purposes.
- Good analytical thinking.
- Proven ability to work independently on assigned transactions, areas of analysis and research, which have well-defined scope and steps.
- Able to conduct cost-benefit analysis to support decision-making.
- Able to set priorities for self and junior team members.
- Effective report-writing and communication skills in English.
- Proficient in spreadsheets and required information technologies.
- Able to provide guidance to other AS staff on assigned area of work.
- Able to liaise and work effectively with government officials within own work location and with colleagues throughout ADB.
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff 7.
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of ADB member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.
Applications to vacancies are received through the ADB Career and Employment System (ACES). Applications should be submitted no later than 11:59PM, Manila time, on the specified closing date.