Jeff Skoll launched the Skoll Global Threats Fund in 2009 with a mandate to drive large-scale global change on the most critical issues facing mankind. With a focus on four global threats, the organization identifies and supports innovative high-impact initiatives to combat climate change, water insecurity, pandemics, and nuclear proliferation. The Skoll Global Threats Fund (SGTF) is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
Position Description The Program Assistant position for the Water and Climate teams combines three functions:
- Provide administrative support to the Water and Climate Threat teams
- Support the grants process for the Water and Climate Threat teams
- Support the day-to-day operations of the Climate Advocacy Lab
This position reports to the Director of Climate Change. Primary duties and responsibilities include:
Program and Administrative Support
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Climate Change including calendaring, expense reports, travel arrangements, and meeting coordination.
- Lead operational team meetings.
- Take meeting minutes at team meetings and track action items.
- Maintain Salesforce contacts, meetings notes, and campaigns.
- Act as a liaison with the Skoll Foundation for accounting and operational needs.
- Maintain team calendars for travel, important dates, deadlines, and events.
- Schedule team meetings for both the Water and Climate teams.
- Forecast upcoming trips, compile travel request forms, and track approval processes for team.
- Schedule and organize team retreats, including logistics, agenda development, and preparing necessary materials.
Grants and Contracts Support
- Coordinate and schedule grant proposal reviews within the climate and water teams to assess incoming proposals.
- Coordinate discussions and follow-up actions for concepts (grants or events), including scheduling follow up meetings and drafting necessary documentation.
- Assist with grant and contract payouts and tracking grantee and contractor compliance.
- Input and maintain climate and water grants data in Foundation Connect database.
- Schedule and support grant assessment meetings for grant owners to review and assess the performance and outcomes of their designated grant.
- Draft, edit, and submit contract agreements and event approvals for management review.
Climate Advocacy Lab Support
- Monitor the Climate Advocacy Lab website to catch glitches, funnel inquiries from Lab members to the appropriate climate team member, and highlight items on the homepage.
- Monitor Climate Advocacy Lab discussion forums to identify posts requiring follow-up.
- Manage the relationship with vendors for the site security and maintenance of the Climate Advocacy Lab.
- Manage the Climate Advocacy Lab member list, including adding new members based on established criteria and updating the member list periodically.
- Assist with logistics and event planning for Climate Advocacy Lab workshops.
Knowledge, Skills, and Assets
- Ability to multi-task, maintain exceptional attention to detail, and proactively manage project timelines and deliverables.
- Experience working with leadership that is often traveling, including ability to forecast potential challenges and identify priority issues.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- A pleasant, positive and can-do attitude is a MUST.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; desire and ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to problem solve and find creative solutions.
- Strong working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce, and Gmail Calendaring.
- Ability to handle highly confidential information with discretion.
- High standards, integrity, and a sense of humor.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience, with general administrative support background preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Interest in water or climate issues a plus.