Employment Status: Temporary, benefitted, “non-exempt” position through August 31, 2018 (position may be renewed annually based upon available funding, availability of work and satisfactory job performance).
Salary: $3813-$5200 per month.
Work Schedule: To be determined, 40 hours per week. May require working irregular hours including evenings and weekends.
Deadline: This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning November 30, 2017.
- Typical Activities
Under the general supervision of the Associate Provost for Research through the WRPI Executive Director, the incumbent will manage the technical liaison activities of the WRPI programs with various CSU campuses. The position requires interfacing with undergraduate and post-graduate engineering students as well as professors and administrative staff of the CSU. Projects to be worked will include Prop 1 / Disadvantaged Communities (DAC) projects, various CSU projects, and other externally-funded projects. Activities will be based on the grant proposals and/or agreements and will vary by project.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: assisting professors in organizing, managing, and reviewing engineering interns’ technical work; coordination with other campus and outside agency stakeholders; assisting in preparation of periodic/annual reports; performing project management duties; engineering analysis to evaluate the condition and performance of facilities and systems; coordinating fieldwork including construction oversight, data collection, and facility inspections; coordinating occasional laboratory work, such as soils and water quality analysis; performing supplemental project tasks, such as contract administration, writing statements of work, developing labor hour estimates, and conducting programmatic planning activities. Incumbent will perform all other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
Applicant must possess a BS degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited ABET institution in addition to a minimum of one year of related experience. Applicant must have highly effective interpersonal and communication skills, along with excellent customer service skills for working with varied stakeholder groups. Applicant must be able to perform job duties with minimal direction. Applicant must be able to think creatively to resolve issues. Applicant must possess a thorough knowledge of office methods, procedures and practices. Applicant must have a working knowledge of standard office software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, SharePoint, and Outlook, and have the ability to navigate the internet. Applicant must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Trello and Zoom or similar project management software. Applicant must have the ability to work cooperatively with a diverse group of people, work autonomously, exercise sound judgment, set priorities, complete assigned projects in a timely manner and work well under tight deadlines. Applicant must be willing to work more than 8 hours a day as needed and preapproved. Some travel may be required.
- Supplemental Information
UEC is an EOE – Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. This position will remain open until filled. The selected candidate must successfully pass a thorough background investigation, including a criminal history check prior to appointment.
- Medical – 2 Options: Kaiser Traditional HMO Plan and Kaiser PPO.
- Dental – Guardian Life DentalGuard Preferred DPPO.
- Vision – Guardian-VSP.
- Flex Cash option
- CalPERS Retirement – A Defined Benefit Pension Plan. Employees are vested after 5 years with 2% of final compensation. “Normal” retirement age varies on CalPERS membership.
- CalPers 457 – Voluntary Tax deferred supplement income plan.
- Group Term Life/ Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) – $25,000 in coverage- Employer paid. Employees also have the option to enroll in Optional Life, Enhanced AD&D.
- Holidays – approximately 10/year.
- Personal Holiday – 1 per year (equal to 8 hours).
- Vacation accruals – starts at 6.67 hours per month (10 days per year) See Employee Handbook for more information on accrual rates. MP Plans Start at 16 hours per month.
- Sick pay accruals – 8 hours/month
- Educational Assistance – After 6 months of employment, tuition is reimbursed for up to a maximum of 6 units or 2 courses, whichever is greater. Benefit is based on availability of funding.
- Workers’ Compensation
- Unemployment Insurance
- State Disability Insurance
Program Manager/ Water Resources Institute (Water Resources Policy Initiatives)
California State University
San Bernardino, CA, US