The WASH Program Manager is responsible for the oversight and management of the Western Pacific Sanitation Marketing and Innovation Project (WPSMIP). The manager will manage relationships with Partners, Donors, Fund Management, and their representatives, and hold key responsibility for planning, budgeting and reporting for the program as a whole. Management and coordination of Live & Learn teams and Partners across multiple offices to deliver the program effectively will be of high importance and major focus of the role.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter by email to [email protected]
Applications close on 8 December 2017. Download the full job description here.
- Oversee project planning and budgeting for WPSMIP
- Ensuring partners, in-country teams and other stakeholders are co-ordinated and working in synergy towards agreed outcomes
- Strategize with relevant staff and partners most effective approaches towards Program objectives
- Work with the Finance Managers to ensure efficient and effective use of Program and office finances, according to planned budgets and good financial practice
- Work with the Finance Manager to complete acquittals, reports, budget revisions and other financial requirements as requested by Live & Learn or the donor/Fund Manager.
- Work closely with Finance Managers, Technical Advisor, and Project Managers to ensure that project activities and operational requirements are appropriately funded.
- Guide and support in-country Project Managers and Finance Managers in budget planning and preparation, reporting, and acquittals, including supporting ongoing improvement of systems.
- Oversee and approve invoice payments, financial reports and budgets.
- Form a part of the Live & Learn Finance Team, attending meetings and contributing to the financial and operational management of Live & Learn.
- Ensure that the program is adequately resourced to achieve objectives, through full in-country teams, support from Live & Learn Melbourne and external support from partners and consultants.
- Monitor and strengthen accountability, remuneration, and performance management systems and processes within the Program and Live & Learn network.
- Work closely with Project Managers and other staff to ensure strong coordination and delivery of Program.
- Support the Technical Advisor to monitor and guide Program implementation and make changes where needed.
- Contribute to relevant research, ongoing policy and program development and regional, country and thematic frameworks.
- Contributing to ongoing program development within regional and thematic frameworks.
- Provide strategic direction and guidance to in-country teams on WPMSIP
- Ensure all facets of WPSMIP are compliant and achieve the requirements stated in the most recent version of the Live & Learn Good Practice Manual and Live & Learn Financial Policies and Procedures Manual, as well as Donor and Contract requirements.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of Live & Learn’s policies and procedures as they relate to overseas programs.
- Coordinate with relevant Managers across the network to develop consistency and shared understandings of implementation of processes.
- Oversee Program Monitoring & Evaluation and Action Research approaches, to support improvement of strategies, plans, and implementation.
- Manage and conduct internal monitoring and evaluation of project progress, approach and performance, budgets and staff performance.
- Be responsible for the preparation and submission of reports as required for the partner, donor and Live & Learn management and Board, including monthly, 6-monthly and annual reports to CS-WASH Fund.
- Ensure punctual delivery of regular reports from Project Managers, partners, etc, and to Program stakeholders.
- Coordinate with the Fund Management and Monitoring & Evaluation Review Panel on M&E and reporting, identification of issues or variations, and implementation of changes.
- Manage delivery of Knowledge & Learning aspects of WPSMIP.
- Strengthen Information Management systems and practices between country offices and partners.
- Document stories and lessons learned through program to contribute to program and project development and organisational learning; and to inform a range of audiences through Live & Learn publications, sector working groups, and other public forums
- Facilitate and promote information sharing with partners and communities.
- Develop and maintain positive and responsive professional relationships internally and externally.
- Uphold the mission and values of Live & Learn.