Moldova Nationals: Public Finance for Development of the National Action Plan for Gradual Implementation of the Sanitary and Hygiene Norms for Preschools
UNICEF Moldova is looking for an individual national consultant to provide quality technical advice and support to Ministry of Education in budgeting the activities of the Action Plan for Gradual Implementation of the Sanitary and Hygiene Norms for Preschools.
Objectives of the consultancy:
- Participate in the initial consultations with relevant stakeholders including but not limited to Ministry of Education, Culture and Research, Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Health, Labour and Social Services to agree on key steps for developing the Action Plan or Gradual Implementation of the Sanitary and Hygiene Norms for Preschools;
- Analyse the cost-effectiveness and affordability of planned initiatives in the Action Plan taking into consideration relevant line Ministries budget analysis and the overall analysis of the fiscal space for the two concerned Sectors - Education and Health;
- Through consultative process, involving key technical experts from Ministry of Finance and other line ministries, develop the itemized budget of the Action Plan.
Qualifications and experience:
- Advanced University Degree in Finance, Economics or related field. Accountancy or another professional financial qualification would also be desirable;
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience in budgeting governmental social sectors policies or programs. Budgeting of parenting governmental programs is an asset;
- Experience of influencing and negotiating with senior government officials and staff of international aid agencies will be an asset;
- Experience in working with the Government of Moldova and/or UNICEF or other UN Agencies will be an asset;
- Excellent command of Romanian or Russian, both oral and written;
- Working knowledge of English is a minimum, good command of English is a strong asset, both oral and written.
For more details on deliverables and minimum requirements, please refer to attached Terms of reference (ToR)
HOW TO APPLY: Your online application should contain two separate attachments: Financial Bid and Technical Proposal, which you can find bellow. Please secure the Financial Proposal *.pdf document with a password on document view; the password will be requested only from technically qualified candidates.
Applications for this position must be received no later than on: 01 December 2017
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all backgrounds and minority groups, including persons with disabilities, to apply.
UNICEF is a global organization that seeks to improve the lives and health of children, especially the most vulnerable ones. UNICEF works in more than 190 countries and territories to help children survive and thrive, from early childhood through adolescence. UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. For more information about UNICEF and its work in Moldova visit:http://www.unicef.md/ You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.