Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Expression of Interest: Vietnam Aus4Water
In preparation for an upcoming request for tender Palladium are looking to identify senior technical specialists in the water supply sector, to be based in Hanoi from mid-2018. Key positions include: Team leader, Water specialists, GESI specialists, M&E specialists and Investment/ PPP specialists.
Aus4Water is a proposed five year, AUD 22.5 million Australian Government investment in Vietnam’s development, to be managed by the Department for Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). The Program will contribute to inclusive economic growth in Vietnam, by providing access to water supply to more people in rural areas through private sector engagement and increasing opportunities for women. The beneficiaries of the Program are poor households in rural communities who will have access to safe water, particularly poor women. Other beneficiaries include provincial governments who will be better able to serve their populations, and entrepreneurs and companies who will be able to grow their business.
Roles and Responsibilities
The responsiblilities of the roles will vary depending on the area of specialisation and will be confirmed upon the release of the tender.
- Experience working with rural water supply systems in developing countries;
- Experience in donor funded program management and implementation in South East Asia;
- Strong understanding of Vietnamese government systems at national and subnational level;
- Excellent writing, speaking and oral communication skills in English;
- Strong ability to multi-task and to handle complex programming challenges;
- Strong understanding of Women’s Economic Empowerment issues in Vietnam and internationally.
- Experience managing Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P) programs;
- Experience of negotiating, establishing, and managing a variety of financing arrangements including loans, equity, and other forms of returnable capital – with businesses and investors;
- Experience on DFAT/ Australian government contracts;
- Strong understanding of applying the DCED Standard for Results Measurement;
- Strong understanding of partnership brokering and shared value principles;
- Vietnamese language skills.
Application closes on 18 Dec 2017 at 11:59pm UTC 5:00.