WASH-FIN goals include increasing the number of people with access to safely managed drinking water and/or sanitation services; strengthened capability of governments to track investments in WASH services; mobilized, sustained and reliable finance to invest in improved WASH service delivery at the local level; and strengthened ability of USAID and development partners to understand, scale, and replicate successful approaches to WASH finance.
The Director of Operations will play a vital role on the WASH-FIN core team serving as the second primary point of contact between headquarters and USAID, reporting directly to the Chief of Party.
The position is based in Arlington, Virginia.
* Draft policies, procedures, and corresponding manuals;
* Ensure that all employees stay current on policies, codes of conduct etc. and maintain effective personnel management records and files, per company policy;
* Provide general office administration and additional administrative support as needed;
* Manage and draft correspondence to the client and other primary stakeholders;
* Facilitate local procurement processes;
* Manage local and international subcontracts;
* Monitor project finances and accounting; and
* Provide guidance to ensure project compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
* Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a social or natural science, or a field related to one of the firm’s practice areas, Master’s degree preferred;
* At least 8 years of managerial experience, with USAID experience strongly preferred;
* Strong background in contracts management and procurement processes;
* Excellent intercultural communication skills;
* Excellent information management skills, with very strong attention to detail and understanding of requirements;
* Ability to organize work and perform independently while closely and appropriately coordinating with team members;
* Excellent writing, analysis, and synthesis skills;
* Fluency in French highly desirable;
* High level of proficiency in MS Office applications and database management;
* Must have relevant experience managing complex budgets;
* Must be comfortable working on concurrent projects and activities with poise and professionalism;
* Must be an energetic, enthusiastic, and positive collaborative team player; and
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Letter of motivation explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity;
* A current CV in reverse chronological format; and
* List of 3 professional references including name, contact information, and professional relationship.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s ad posted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.