About the Position
Water For People is currently recruiting for a Project Assistant to join the core team to assist in developing an advisory business to support the implementation of our strategy and mission. The position will work through the various stages of the exploratory process ranging from market analysis to the development of the business/operations plan for the advisory business. This position is based at Water For People’s headquarters in Denver, Colorado.
Candidates must have an interest in international development, awareness of water and sanitation challenges in developing countries and interest in the business side of operations. The successful applicant will have strong analytical and complex problem solving skills, demonstrated high level attention to detail, a flexible and team-oriented work style, and excellent communication skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
- Conduct desk research
- Support the business planning and business development efforts of the team
- Identify opportunities, evaluate options and alternatives
- Provide administrative support to the project
BEHAVIORS & COMPETENCIES:
- Connects to the Mission – Embraces the mission of Water For People and is passionate about advancing the dynamic role it plays leading social impact in international development.
- Demonstrates Ethics and Integrity – Understands ethical behavior and business practices, and ensures that own behavior is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Action-oriented – Has an unwavering commitment to delivering quality work products.
- Connects with Others – Demonstrates exceptional communications and interpersonal skills.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, & SKILLS:
- Student pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in international development, with an awareness of water and sanitation challenges in developing countries and interest in the business side of operations.
- Exemplary communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Extreme professionalism, enterprising attitude, confidence, and willingness to interact with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude, problem-solver, collaborator.
*Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
CONTACT AND FURTHER INFORMATION:
Deadline for submitting your application is 5 pm MT, Friday, December 8, 2017.
This is a temporary, part-time (8 hours per week), non-exempt position with no benefits. Pay is $13 per hour and the position will not exceed 48 weeks.
Water For People cannot provide immigration sponsorship for this position.