The Susquehanna River Basin Commission (SRBC), an interstate water resources management agency, seeks a contract Environmental Scientist for its Monitoring and Protection Program in the Harrisburg office. This is a paid, temporary position with benefits which is needed for a one year assignment beginning in December/January.
Primary duties of the position include supporting activities such as data compilation/processing/analyses, watershed implementation plan development, outreach and communication activities and field data collection.
Candidates with the following eligibility requirements will be considered:
- Bachelor’s degree in physical or biological sciences or other related disciplines.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs—specifically Excel and Access. GIS and watershed modeling familiarity a plus.
- Strong communication and organizational skills essential.
- Experience in aquatic science data collection such as fish/macroinvertebrate survey, water sampling, water quality indicator measurements, and on-water activities.
- Travel throughout the Susquehanna River Basin, including overnight assignments, is required.
- Position requires ability to hike and carry equipment across uneven terrain and some duties will occur despite foul weather conditions.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Send cover letter indicating interest and resume to [email protected] by December 3, 2017. Inquiries can be made to Marcia Hutchinson, Susquehanna River Basin Commission, 4423 N. Front Street, Harrisburg, PA 17110. SRBC is an equal opportunity employer. Visit our website at www.srbc.net.