Purpose for the job:
The key purpose of this post is to support the provision of WASH services in camps, and to support the design, implementation and management of infrastructural projects in Host Communities. One of the key areas of responsibility of this role will be the operation of the Azraq water system, and oversight and operation of the Azraq Wastewater Treatment Plant.
How can you make a difference?
- Support the day to day provision of WASH services in Zaatari and Azraq camps
- Monitor the delivery of WASH services in Zaatari and Azraq camps
- Oversee the construction, rehabilitation and repair works at the Azraq Wastewater Treatment Plant and once operational, oversee its effective operation
- Oversee the final works of the Water network in Azraq
- Support the effective operation of the water network
- Support the development and implementation of Contingency planning and emergency response in Zaatari and Azraq camps
- Support the development of key WASH messages
- Coordinate with agencies undertaking third party monitoring
- Support the coordination of activities with other agencies and contractors
- Support the reporting of progress, needs and gaps.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Education: University degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Health, Engineering, Geology, Hydrology and Sanitation Engineering , an asset
Experience: A minimum of two years of relevant professional experience working with the UN, NGO, private sector or national government. Experience in the operation of water or wastewater networks highly desired.
Demonstrated experience in the operation of wastewater treatment plants would be a considered advantage .
Languages: Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply. the operation of water or wastewater networks
Opening Date Thu Nov 16 2017 08:00:00 GMT+0100 (CET) Jordan Standard Time
Closing Date Thu Nov 30 2017 22:55:00 GMT+0100 (CET)