Hurricane Irma destroyed the island of Barbuda leaving the population desolate and hopeless. Samaritan’s Purse is currently working to clean up the island, and plans to rebuild its infrastructure. Click here to discover more about our work on the island! Help support our ongoing project by serving as our WASH Program Coordinator!
As WASH Program Coordinator, you will be responsible for implementation and coordination of water and sanitation projects on behalf of Samaritan’s Purse on the island of Barbuda. The WASH Program Coordinator will assist the Program Manager as a point of contact for subcontractors and workers who are building WASH infrastructure and will advise leadership and staff on accepted local practices and rules.
- Coordinate procurement and delivery of materials with the Samaritan’s Purse logistics team and advise on contract negotiation.
- Report activities to leadership and the communications and program development officer as appropriate.
- Assist in the design and implementation of water, hygiene and sanitation projects.
- Supervise subcontractors and employees/temporary laborers to ensure quality and design standards are met.
- Train staff on the best way to implement a project (i.e. subcontracting, direct procurement, cash for work, etc.).
- Assist with the identification and design of new WASH programming.
- Lead/attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university with a degree in engineering or civil engineering or water resources management; one to two year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience designing and installing water networks, wells and septic tanks.
- Strong knowledge of potable water systems and technologies, various sanitation interventions, and community hygiene training.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Previous international experience required.
- Fluent spoken and written English required.
- Strong networking, leadership, and interpersonal skills required.
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Twelve vacation days per year
*Unable to accommodate family or spouse