The Programme focuses on establishing the foundation for sound decision-making by supporting the Basin Development Monitoring Framework, in particular the data collection, data management and analytical systems that provide information used in decision-making (Decision Support System) in thematic area a) Water Resources Management: by filling gaps in the data monitoring networks and developing early warning systems; and b) Land Management: with the aim of introducing better land-use planning guidelines and addressing livelihood issues that lead to environmental degradation.
The purpose of this Technical Assistance contract is:
- To assist improving the Decision Support Systems used in the Cubango-Okavango Basin Development and Management Framework (BDMF);
- To strengthen water management in the Cubango-Okavango River Basin, through improved water resources data availability and early warning system;
- To strengthen land management in the Cubango-Okavango basin through improved land use planning, reduction of environmental degradation and improved livelihood.
Short-term expertise will be sought for the following areas:
- Education preferably at Master’s Degree or, in its absence, equivalent professional experience.
The Specific ToR will further define the required education sector and type and duration of the equivalent experience (equivalent experience which must be above the general professional experience duration fixed below);
General professional experience:
- At least 6 years’ experience in the sector(s) specified in the Terms of reference;
Specific professional experience:
The technical skills/soft skills required shall be specified in the Specific ToR.
- Fluency in English will be essential and Portuguese an asset. On specific assignments fluency in Portuguese might be required.