Winrock International, a non-profit global leader in social, agricultural and environmental issues, seeks Water Consultants with international experience to update its professional register. These consultants will be called upon to provide technical support to the Water Practice in business development, program monitoring and training, related to:
- Multiple-Use Water Services (MUS)
- Water and Sanitation Construction
- Water Services Provision and Governance
- Sanitation and Hygiene
- Small-scale irrigation
- Private Sector Engagement and Finance
- Nutrition-Sensitive WASH
Assignments are contingent upon secured funding and contract awards to Winrock and approval from the clients.
- Contribute technical inputs on concept notes and proposals
- Provide in-country and remote technical assistance on programs in at least one of the following fields: MUS, construction, governance, sanitaton and hygiene, small-scale irrigation, and/or private sector engagement and finance
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in one or more areas: water sector development, sanitation, MUS, irrigation, water resources management
- Advanced degree in relevant field of study (engineering, environmental/public health or related topic)
- Demonstrated experience working with a range of development program partners in rural and peri-urban settings including government agencies, regulatory bodies, utilities, private sector, NGOs, civil society, etc.
- Demosntrated experience in construction quality assurance and quality control (QAQC) including developing QAQC systems and performing QC functions in the field to assure quality construction
- Technically conversant in MUS, WASH, WRM, Irrigation, Water Quality, Climate Change Adapatation, Private Sector Engagement, Finance, and Governance
- Experience with bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, DFID, MCC, AfDB, and the World Bank preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written.
- Fluency in English. Fluency in French desired.