- Providing support to the Agriculture and Water Risk initiative, with a focus on the ongoing rollout of Feeding Ourselves Thirsty and the AgWater Challenge. This includes conducting research and analysis on food companies, supporting the team with tracking news flow and pulling examples of risk, building out power points for external presentations, and doing company/investor research on the Bloomberg terminal.
- Supporting the urban water initiative on strategy and best-practices research to make the business case for utilities to invest in and adopt sustainable water projects (e.g. water conservation and reuse, implementation of distributed infrastructure). Specific areas of research support will involve:
- Identifying trends in innovative funding and financing instruments that support sustainable water solutions.
- Uncovering key performance indicators to highlight how utilities are measuring and reporting on sustainability practices.
- Assisting in the rollout of the Investor Water Hub Toolkit, a water-risk integration tool for the mainstream global investment community, which builds off the research of Ceres’ Investor Water Handbook. Topics covered in the Toolkit include systemic risks and materiality of water, investment beliefs and policies, asset class allocation and water-related shareholder engagements. Specific areas of research support will involve:
- Developing key performance indicators and a tracking system for the Hub and broader investor water work.
- Crafting key lessons learned from carbon and climate that could be applied to water footprinting efforts.
- Establishing a way for investor members to track water solutions investment products via the network portal.
- Finalizing two investor case studies for the Toolkit.
- Other general water-related research to support the Program.
Water Program Intern
Boston, MA, US