Position Title: Special Projects Coordinator
Category: Full-time position
Reports to: Director, International Programs
Location: Kansas City, MO
We seek a motivated and adaptive individual who will work on the International Programs (IP) team as a Special Projects Associate. This position will support the International Programs team as it executes its water and sanitation implementation activities, expands the scale of its operations, monitors and evaluates the outcomes and impact of its endeavors, advances learning in the international development sector, and advocates to remove barriers that prohibit everyone in the world from obtaining improved water and sanitation.
The IP Special Projects Associate will work on projects as directed by the Director of International Programs as the International Programs team strives to scale, improve, and enhance its work. An illustrative, although not comprehensive, list of responsibilities appears below:
Administration and Support
- Organize intra-team and inter-departmental meetings, including the preparation of agendas, scheduling, development and dissemination of notes and materials, and follow-up activities
- Collaborate with other coordinators within the organization to develop/adopt standard processes, assist in planning organization wide events, and share information.
- Prepare training and other educational materials for new staff members
- Manages travel related processes for IP staff, including enrolling travelers in STEP program, communicating travel to Administrative Coordinator
- Serve as main point of contact for departmental requests
- Coordinate IP-related inquiries from external parties
- Provide key connection point and ‘resource in the office’ for Director of International Programs not based in Kansas City, assisting them in ensuring organizational strength and collaboration
- Collect, consolidate, and disseminate cross- departmental information and initiatives to foster efficiency and esprit de corps among the team
- Act as an ‘ear to the ground;’ Identify, communicate, and assist in solving or preventing key organizational issues and opportunities
- Develop internal communications that will inspire and connect team members
- Enhance coordination and connection between Water.org U.S. and international offices
- Develop process and system to align, track and communicate key organizational milestones
- Maintain and improve organization of IP-related information materials and server
- Support IP team members with some tasks during peak periods
- Assist Director of International Programs on key administrative and operational tasks as directed
- Research, contribute to and coordinate development of communications to key constituents, including but not limited to remarks, presentations and briefings
Information and Knowledge Management 10%
- Maintaining server for easy information access, including annual archival process and restructuring when necessary
- Liaising with Global Advocacy, Marketing, and Monitoring/ Evaluation/Learning teams to help disseminate information
- Respond to external requests via phone or Info Inbox emails
- Individual contributor with no subordinates
- Manages multiple projects and processes within and across the International Programs team
Skills and Competencies
- Customer Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Nimble Learning – Actively learning through experimentation when talking new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Drives Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Self-development – Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using other formal and informal development channels.
- Optimize Work Processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Manages Ambiguity – Manages ambiguity by operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Instills Trust – Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Financial Stewardship – Demonstrates fiscally responsible decision making as applicable to one’s role.
- Capacity to conduct exploratory research with intent to provide documentation and initial sets of recommendations
- Strong project management skills and familiarity with project management frameworks
- Ability to work within a team environment spread across multiple locations
- Capacity to work professionally with people from different cultures
- Experienced in and adept at handling confidential information
- Analytical skills and process orientation preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to work well with those from various backgrounds and cultures.
- High level of emotional intelligence to facilitate training and conflict resolution.
- Excellent communication, persuasive writing and editing skills.
- High ethical standards to ensure those we reach with WSS solutions always come first
- Self-starter who can initiate, implement and complete projects.
- Exceptional ability to collaborate, communicate and execute across functions and all levels of employees and stakeholders.
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities
- Detail-oriented and results-driven.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 2-4 years of experience in a professional office environment
- Computer literacy, including basic MS Office packages & server and/or cloud-based information systems, and project management software
- Must be authorized to work legally in the United States
While travel is not a regular aspect for the position, on occasion this person must be willing to travel domestically and internationally.
This position offers full-time benefits, including medical/dental insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement program and periodic review for merit and incentive pay based on organizational and personal achievement. Salary will be based on education and experience, and will coincide with similar nonprofit organizations in international development.
Please apply at http://water.org/about/careers/ . Please title your attachments with lastname, firstname. Submissions will be reviewed as they are received.
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT US FOR STATUS UPDATES.
Water.org is an equal opportunity employer and does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment.