REQUEST FOR QUOTATION (RFQ)
Nº REQ: 17/099/OPTI-GAZA
Oxfam is a registered International Non-Governmental Organization. It is a member of Oxfam International, an international confederation of 17 organizations working together in 98 countries with partners and other allies around the world.
Oxfam focuses its activities on providing a comprehensive response to poverty, working cohesively in the four areas that constitute its identity: development cooperation, humanitarian action, faire trade, social mobilization, campaigns and education for global citizenship.
Through the Oxfam Country Strategy (OCS) in OPTI, Oxfam works to increase our impact on development and humanitarian work in the Occupied Palestinian Territory and Israel (OPTI) focusing on three change goals: Gender Justice (GJ), Economic Justice (EJ) and Saving lives Now and In the Future (SL). Together with Right to Be Heard (RTBH), Gender justice is also mainstreamed throughout the Oxfam OPTI Country Strategy, addressing the double layer of inequality and violence Palestinian women face, i.e. occupation and patriarchy. The OCS guides Oxfam’s collective work in the OPTI from 2016-2019 which will be used to focus resources, campaigns and programs over the course of four years to meet our strategic goal and change objectives.
Oxfam are conducting a bidding process and invites your submission of a proposal to provide Oxfam, within their requirements, for:
“Consultancy service for consolidating learning about Oxfam’s water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) work in the Gaza Strip”
The activity of this consulting assignment will include, but may not be limited to, the following key tasks:
- Review existing information from Oxfam Gaza and from within the wider organisation, to build an overview of the different WASH interventions that have taken place in the Gaza Strip over the past ten years.
- Undertake interviews with key focal points in Gaza, in particular Oxfam partners in CMWU, PWA, UN agencies and NGO sector, to capture their views and inputs concerning Oxfam’s work. Interviews may also be conducted with former Oxfam staff who have worked on Gaza in the past 10-years.
- Compare the experience in Gaza with the experience that Oxfam has developed with another desalination unit technology conducted in the Philippines after the Hayan Typhoon response.
- Identify concrete examples (mini-case studies) of Oxfam’s work in WaSH that have contributed to: more sustainable solutions in terms of water/wastewater service provision, the inclusion of vulnerable groups, the greater participation of women and the adoption of innovative technologies/approaches and the impacts of the different interventions. What worked vs what didn’t work.
- Consolidate some of the above into a document (or documents) that capture and reflect the learning for other Oxfam programmes and the sector as a whole.
How to apply:
Participation in this bidding process shall be as per the conditions detailed in the RFQ you can found here: https://oxfam.box.com/s/aolqon9eeo5zztmwyqjkwv7mx3orf1im
Responses should be submitted via email addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to NSkeik@oxfam.org.uk which will contain RFQ response with all the required documents before the deadline for submission of bids on the 20th November 2017 at 11:00AM GMT.
Oxfam does not bind itself to award the tender to the lowest offer and reserves the right to accept the whole or part of the tender.
We look forward to receiving a proposal from you and thank you for your interest in our account.