WASH/FSL Program Manager
SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL (SI) opened its mission in Bangladesh at the end of 2007, following cyclone SIDR.
SI’s intervention and strategy in Bangladesh is to address primary needs of crisis affected people in terms of food security, livelihood, disaster risk reduction (DRR), water, hygiene and sanitation (WASH) and shelter, by making use of an integrated disaster risk reduction approach and by taking into account the effects of climate change, whilst working in parallel on mid-long term resilience strategies.
SI strategy for 2017 focuses on 3 axes:
- In Dhaka: a WASH pilot project on water quality
- In Cox's Bazaar District: WASH, FSL and DRR programs, emergency projects in response to the new Rohingya influx fleeing persecutions in Myanmar.
- In Bandarban District: WASH, FSL and DRR programs
About the job
- The Program Manager is in charge of implementing and achieving the WASH and FSL objectives defined in the project proposals.
- He/she is in charge of supervising the operational teams allocated to his/her program.
- He/she is responsible for the operational budget lines
- He/she guarantees the proper execution and the quality of the implemented program and, if applicable, suggests adjustments or developments to ensure its relevance.
The main challenges of the position are:
- Introduction of new and innovative activities in SI working area.
- Undergoing emergency perturbates the smooth run of projects and implies a lot of flexibility
New team in place at base level with a new structure
- Post graduate level in WASH and or FSL
- At least 2 years of international experience in project management in multisector (WASH and FSL) program
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Experience of donor reporting requirements
- Experience of trainings and capacity buildings
- Experience in emergency intervention is an asset
Technical skill and competence:
- Strong knowledge in project and team management, and monitoring tools
- Knowledge in WASH and FSL approaches and methodologies
- Capacity to deal with many different issues, to self- update and learn very quickly from a highly and constantly evolving environment
- A flexible approach to managing and prioritizing a high workload and multiple tasks with tight deadlines is essential
- An ability to analyze information quickly and accurately
- Good problem solving skills in day to day and crisis situations
- Ability to take initiatives, decisions and work in autonomy is essential;
- As functional manager, the candidate must display diplomatic and smooth leadership skills;
- An understanding of and commitment to SI’s mission and values;
- Good communication skills, with good written and spoken English
- Previous experience with SI (highly recommended)
- Previous experience in South Asia (recommended)
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
SI will offer you
A salaried post: according to experience from 1760 euros gross per month(1600 euros base salary plus 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) and a monthly Per Diem of 500 USD.
Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of one break every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7-day break during the 3rd and the 9th month (with 500 euros allocated by Solidarités). He or she will also be entitled to go back to his or her home country for a 14-day period after six months spent on the mission (Solidarités will cover travel costs)
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/
Sebastiano SIRINGO , Recruitment & Follow Up Officer