Project Coordinator (Environmental Finance Center)
The School of Government recognizes the importance of an educational and work environment in which all individuals are respected and valued. To that end, we are strongly committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. For more information about the School’s commitment to diversity, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page: https://www.sog.unc.edu/resources/microsites/diversity-and-inclusion (link is external).
The Environmental Finance Center (EFC) at UNC’s School of Government is dedicated to enhancing the ability of governments and other organizations to provide environmental programs and services in fair, effective, and financially sustainable ways. Read more about our Center and current projects on our website: https://efc.sog.unc.edu/
In support of our mission, the EFC seeks to hire a temporary project coordinator to support several ongoing projects.
• Georgia Water and Wastewater Annual Rates Survey – outreach support
• Smart Management for Small Water Systems – workshop support
• Development (Non-profit Funding) – research
• Georgia Funders Forum – Work with different infrastructure funding agencies
THIS POSITION IS BASED IN A SATELLITE OFFICE IN THE ATLANTA METRO AREA OF GEORGIA.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to travel across the United States and work remotely on occasion
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
• Strong research and writing skills
• Extreme attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills, with professional phone and email etiquette. Customer service experience a plus.
• Ability to work independently on multiple concurrent tasks and produce results
• Not afraid to ask questions when needing guidance
Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline: information science, environmental science, statistics, public policy, science, mathematics, economics, etc.