Associate/Senior Associate - Imagine H2O - San Francisco, CA
Imagine H2O (IH2O), the water innovation accelerator, empowers people to develop and deploy innovation to solve global water challenges. By partnering with industry and policy experts and a global network of customers and investors, Imagine H2O has become a proven path-to-market for emerging water technology businesses. Participants benefit from access to customers and investors as well as mentorship, industry exposure, and market support. Since 2009, Imagine H2O’s accelerator has helped over 80 innovative companies win customers and receive more than $1 in every $10 of early stage investment in the water sector.
We are looking for an organized, detail-oriented and highly motivated self-starter with exceptional writing and communication skills. The Associate/Senior Associate will work directly with IH2O’s program participants and partners and manage an evolving portfolio of projects. The role will support IH2O’s business development activities, marketing, operations and program evaluation process.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead IH2O’s efforts to find the most innovative entrepreneurs and policy leaders in water
- Conduct market polling and analysis to inform the design of future IH2O programs
- Maintain IH2O’s impact database tracking important program metrics and the growth of IH2O’s alumni
- Engage partnering corporations and utilities participating in IH2O’s Beta Partners Program
- Execute program operations ensuring IH2O’s continued leadership in the water innovation sector
- Position IH2O as a leading resource for water innovation stories and insight
- Build IH2O’s global ecosystem for water innovation and entrepreneurship
- Coordinate the expansion of IH2O’s marketing program and strategy
- Develop and maintain IH2O’s grant materials and submissions
- Help manage a pipeline of potential partners and supporters
The ideal candidate will demonstrate, through training and experience, strong customer service, administrative skills, and a willingness to accept and take on new challenges. Candidates must have a degree in a related field and demonstrate an interest in water innovation and flexibility to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial (or lean team) environment. A minimum of 2 years professional experience is required.
Qualified applicants must be self-directed, well organized, and focused yet flexible when faced with constantly changing priorities. The ideal candidates will demonstrate attention to detail, initiative, flexibility, and an ability to juggle multiple priorities successfully. This is a full-time position. Salary is commensurate with experience. Full benefits include medical, dental, vision and life insurance, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave. The position is located in downtown San Francisco.
How to Apply
Send a resume and short essay to . We ask that you title your resume as “Name_Resume_IH2O-Associate” and essay as “Name_Essay_IH2OAssociate”. Indicate in your email where you heard about the job announcement. Also, please include your LinkedIn profile and join the discussion while you’re at it!
In your essay, please answer this question in 300 words or less: Describe a professional achievement you are particularly proud of and why.
This position is available immediately. Or until the position is filled.