We’re looking for an experienced Communications Strategist to join a high-performing team of marketers and storytellers in the fight against the water crisis. Reporting to the Creative Director, and working in partnership with Marketing and Product, the Communication Strategist will lead the research and discovery process, engaging leaders across the organization to understand our unique donor audiences, facilitating discussions designed to develop comprehensive communication strategies. You’ll ensure our brand and values are represented in all communications. You’ll increase the engagement of our supporters, from monthly givers to major donors, by designing and executing thoughtful and inspiring experiences that connect them with their impact through a variety of communication channels.
- Collaborate with the Creative Director to propose and implement communications and branding solutions that will improve the experiences we offer our supporters.
- Develop and pitch communication plans and key messaging documents.
- Work alongside the Creative Team to execute the recommended communications and branding strategies.
- Write engaging collateral across all media to drive and support the communications and marketing initiatives with relevant brand messaging tailored to target audiences.
- Partner with Product to develop and coordinate an evaluation process to track engagement, analyze effectiveness, and make improvements as needed.
- Partner with Marketing and Product to increase LTV of our monthly giving community, The Spring, through envisioning and executing innovative new ways to engage with the audience, and show them their impact.
- Partner with Key Relationships to increase retention of our major donor supporters through envisioning and executing innovative new ways to engage with the audience, and show them their impact.
- Partner with Water Programs to become well-versed in our programmatic work so that you can build a bridge between the field and our supporters.
- Maintain open lines of communication with department leaders to ensure our regular communications are meeting the organization’s ever-evolving needs and maximizing new opportunities.
- 5+ years branding and copywriting experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- A proven track record of crafting, pitching, and executing engaging communication campaigns.
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas while remaining open to new opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically.
- Advertising/Brand, Branded Content, or Editorial writing experience, with a portfolio to share.
- Mix of editorial and brand/agency experience a plus.
You’re a communication ace.
Clear, consistent and compelling communication is everything to you. You’re passionate about giving every person who interacts with the charity: water brand an unforgettable experience.
You thrive on understanding what makes people tick. You’re keen to understand the motivations of audiences, and then share that intelligence to help other teams develop stronger performing communications.
You love designing new experiences.
You see through the chaos and enjoy figuring out how to bring clarity out of it. You build communications that are inspiring and exciting for all audiences. You’re able to get anyone excited about what we do and make their experience with us unique. You’re inviting, discerning and thoughtful.
You’re obsessed with the details.
You’re meticulous. You know attention to detail is critical regardless of whether anyone is watching, and you strive for excellence in everything you do.
You are a hard worker and you have team spirit.
You thrive in fast-paced environment with people that are constantly looking to innovate, enjoy challenges and demand excellence. We’re a small and efficient staff; every person plays an essential role in the organization. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments. You enjoy working with others to reach common goals and objectives.
You get things done.
You’re a multitasking machine and you don’t have a problem getting your hands dirty. You follow through on every task, no matter how big or small, and when duty calls you take matters into your own hands. You live for hitting deadlines and understand the importance of keeping on schedule and in budget. You take initiative on projects from the start and know how to bring people together and get things done.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to re-locate to) the NYC area only.