DN (Consortium of Dutch NGO’s) is an International NGO with an MoU signed with Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation in Myanmar and part of ZOA, an international Dutch NGO. ZOA is a Christian international NGO, with its head office based in the Netherlands. ZOA operates in fifteen countries on three continents. We provide RELIEF to people affected by conflict or natural disasters. We contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the RECOVERY of their livelihoods.
Purpose of the position
As a WASH adviser you will have an advisory role to colleagues in field offices in the sector of WASH. In collaboration with different colleagues you will monitor compliance with ZOA’s sector and thematic policies related to WASH. Furthermore, you will closely follow developments in the sector and translate them into application guides for the field. You will advise the Country Director and Program Managers on WASH related issues and will support them in the preparation of WASH components of proposals. You will share your knowledge about WASH and represent CDN externally.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide high quality technical advice in the implementation of all CDN WASH activities both in the development of proposals and completion of project on the ground.
- Ensure program adherence to internationally accepted technical norms and standards of practices for WASH related activities.
- Seek new WASH opportunities from a need and funding perspective in line with CDN-ZOA’s strategic planning.
- Develop WASH-proposals and propose methods of implementation.
- Be involved in tender and selection procedure of WASH-related projects, including supervision.
- Monitoring the quality of the implementation of WASH related activities and advise the project teams how to further improve the quality and impact of delivered services to beneficiaries.
- Provide regular written/oral program progress updates to the Head of Program Quality, Program managers and Country Director.
- Coaching, training and capacity building of relevant CDN-ZOA staff and partners.
- To collect, study and review the information and documentation available from government authorities and other NGOs in respect of the WASH situation in the project areas (soil layers, area condition, type, quantity, reliability, quality, depth etc).
- Conduct needs assessments and context analyses in the field to assess the current needs and gaps and where ZOA can make a valuable contribution for the beneficiaries. If necessary, make arrangements for the testing of water quality and other technical studies.
- Prepare cost estimates and prepare/organise the necessary technical documentation for WASH related construction, such as drawings, specifications, bills of quantities, invitation and instructions letters.
- Provide input into and ensure that all donor reporting requirements on program impact are met and assist staff and partners in setting up reporting and tracking systems to provide such information in an efficient and timely manner.
- Represent CDN in WASH cluster meetings, government meetings and other coordination mechanisms and coordinate with other actors how to efficiently and effectively cooperate on WASH related activities in the program areas we have projects running.
- Ensure guidance is given to the WASH project teams on how to apply any sector approaches decided by the WASH cluster or government
- Conduct participatory organisational capacity assessments with existing (and future) partners and prepare capacity building plans on how to build their capacity.
- Ability and willingness to travel to field sites in Bago, Kayin and Rakhine at least 35% of your work time
Experience and Skills
- We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate with a Master’s degree, in a sector related to WASH in international development or humanitarian aid with knowledge and understanding of the work field
- We are looking for a person who can combine both the technical skills needed for the ‘hardware’-side of WASH as well as has an eye for the ‘software’-side (behaviour change, adapting interventions to the needs and preferences of the people).
- You have at least 3 years of international experience in a development country and at least 5 years substantive (WASH) experience.
- You have experience with output/outcome-based working beyond activity-level and are able to adjust programming to reach the desired impact.
- You have proven experience with approaches, like CLTS and Behaviour Change Communication.
- Excellent spoken and written command of English
- You have the following competencies: flexible, communicative, customer friendly and you are intellectual, interpersonal, and organizational sensitive
- You can plan and organize and have well developed research- and writing skills
- You have extensive training experience on WASH-related topics
- You fully support the vision and mission and the Christian identity of ZOA
- Strong MS Office Word and Excel skills
- Able to work under pressure and achieve deadlines
Working with ZOA
If you are interested in this job and you fit in the profile, please apply below. The closing date for application is the 15 November 2017, Close of Business. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CDN-ZOA offers a challenging job, within an inspiring and motivated team. CDN-ZOA provides for good benefits and remuneration. For more information about our organisation please visit our website: http://www.zoa-international.com/
- Application deadline
- 15 November 2017 23:59
International WASH Adviser
Yangon, , MM