DAI seeks a Chief of Party candidates for the anticipated USAID/Philippines Water Activity. It is expected to be a five-year program that will begin in late summer 2018 with headquarters in Manila and operations throughout the Philippines, with focus on Mindanao. The project will likely provide technical assistance for water sector policy, institutional capacity building and mobilization of private sector financing for water and sanitation investments at the national level while supporting utility reform, non-revenue water, water demand management and water security initiatives targeted to Water Districts, LGUs and water utilities in target sites.
- Provide overall strategic, managerial and technical direction for the project to help ensure its success;
- Maintain responsibility for the design, quality, development and completion of all assessments, analytical reports and evaluations;
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with USAID and local counterparts to ensure effective coordination of project activities with government partners, Water District/LGU officials, civil society and private sector organizations, international donor institutions, and other USAID and U.S. government-funded initiatives;
- Provide project compliance oversight and quality assurance for all activities including budgeting, and monitoring and evaluation; and
- Supervise key personnel and other technical and operations staff and ensure the achievement of program targets and objectives.
- Advanced degree in a technical area related to water supply and sanitation, hydrology/water resources, natural resources management, , public policy, engineering, urban planning and investment, or another relevant field;
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience showing progressive growth in management and leadership responsibilities implementing water supply and sanitation, natural resource management, utility investment and reform, or related programs for USAID and/or other donors;
- Exceptional managerial and operational experience leading complex activities involving coordination with multiple partner institutions in developing countries, preferably in the Philippines or Southeast Asia;
- Previous Chief of Party and/or senior management experience required, with USAID experience strongly preferred; and
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and communication skills in English and, preferably, in Tagalog.
Interested and qualified candidates should e-mail CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the words “Chief of Party- Water Activity” in the subject line.