Key outputs of this consultancy are expected:
- Finalize three chapters for the 2018 Mekong SOBR on i) social status and trends; ii) economic status and trends; and iii) climate change adaptation (as part of the chapter on climate change status and trends) of the Lower Mekong Basin.
- Advanced degree in economics, environmental sciences or a related discipline;
- At least 10 years of experience working on environmental economic analysis, socio-economic assessments and similar assignments;
- Familiarity with the Lower Mekong River Basin, the MRCS and working with stakeholders in the region;
- Excellent communications skills, including writing and presentation in the English language;
- Demonstrated ability to write technical reports which can be readily understood by decision makers and the public; and
- Strong work ethics, including commitment, responsibility, team spirit, and timely delivery;
- TOEIC of 700 or equivalent.
The Terms of References and other information can be obtained at MRC website http://www.mrcmekong.org/working-with-mrc/employment/. Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The application should include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position, (ii) a detailed CV, (iii) MRC Personal History Form, (IV) expected rate and (V) valid TOEIC result. The position title/Division must be indicated in the cover letter.
The application should be sent to:
Mekong River Commission
Office of the Secretariat in Vientiane (OSV)
P.O. Box 6101, 184 Fa Ngoum Road
Vientiane 01000, Lao PDR
Email: [email protected]
Closing date for applications: 16 November 2017