Key output of this consultancy is expected:
- The MRC State of the Basin Report 2018 drafted and finalized.
- Advanced degree in environmental sciences, ecological economics, socio-economics, irrigation engineering or a related discipline;
- At least 15 years of working experience and knowledge on environmental economic analysis, socio-economic assessments, irrigation engineering and similar assignments;
- Strong knowledge and experience in preparation of river basin assessment reports or state of the basin reports, including the MRC State of the Basin Reports which would be beneficial;
- Demonstrated ability to write technical reports which can be readily understood by decision makers and the public;
- Familiarity with the Lower Mekong River Basin, the Mekong River Commission and the MRC stakeholders would be beneficial;
- Excellent verbal communication ability, including ability to make positive and insightful contributions to consultation workshops and inspire learning motivation amongst stakeholders;
- Strong work ethics, including commitment, responsibility, team spirit, and timely delivery; and
- Fluency in written and spoken English, TOEIC of 700 or equivalent.
The Terms of References and other information can be obtained at MRC website http://www.mrcmekong.org/working-with-mrc/employment/. Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The application should include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position, (ii) a detailed CV, (iii) MRC Personal History Form, (IV) expected rate and (V) valid TOEIC result. The position title/Division must be indicated in the cover letter.
The application should be sent to:
Mekong River Commission
Office of the Secretariat in Vientiane (OSV)
P.O. Box 6101, 184 Fa Ngoum Road
Vientiane 01000, Lao PDR
Email: [email protected]
Closing date for applications: 16 November 2017