If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
This is a Generic Vacancy Announcement (GVA) for WASH Officer positions at the NOB level in the UNICEF Ukraine office duty stations (Kyiv, Kramatorsk, Donetsk, Mariupol). Talent Groups (TG) at UNICEF are exclusive lists of pre-vetted highly qualified candidates intended to fast-track recruitment processes as positions become available. After a rigorous selection process, successful candidates will be placed into the NOB WASH Officer Talent Group for UNICEF Ukraine for a period of 36 months. While placement in the Talent Group does not guarantee a position, it is an important resource for filling vacancies. Candidates placed into the Talent Group will be reviewed when a relevant position becomes available, and if found suitable, are offered Fixed Term Appointments (FT) or Temporary Appointments (TA) through a direct selection.
Purpose of the Position
Under the supervision of the WASH Specialist, you will provide professional technical advice on programme/project design, planning, administration, monitoring and evaluation of Water, Hygiene and Sanitation (WASH) programme/project activities, data analysis and progress reporting, and commitment for enhancement of teamwork and capacity building.
Key Expected Results
- Accurate, complete and up-to-date information made available for effective budget preparation, programme and project design, implementation, management and evaluation.
- WASH programme efficiency and effectiveness enhanced through effective implementation follow-on.
- Progress reports and WASH project work plans timely prepared, and effective technical assistance provided in the identification of required supplies and equipment, and in the drafting of Country Programme Recommendation and other project documentation.
- Appropriateness and completeness of financial and supply documentation as well as adherence to established allotments ensured.
- Knowledge sharing with donors and media promoted.
- Effective communication and networking achieved through partnership and collaboration
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- University degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: civil engineering, mechanical engineering, hydrology, sanitation engineering, or a field relevant to international development assistance in WASH.
- Additional training in health education an asset
- Two years of work experience in the UN or other international development organization in a field relevant to international development assistance in WASH
- Background/familiarity with Emergency.
- Fluency in English and local working language of the duty
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and inclusion
- Working with people
- Drive for results
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Learning and Researching
- Planning and Organizing
Applications submitted through any other websites, emails or other sources will not be accepted and further considered for this position.
While creating your account and filling in your application form, please read the instructions carefully and provide all requested information and supporting documents in order your application is considered for the recruitment case.
Please indicate your preferred duty station(s) in the cover letter.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
Opening Date Wed Nov 01 2017 08:00:00 GMT+0100 (CET) FLE Standard Time
Closing Date Wed Nov 15 2017 22:55:00 GMT+0100 (CET)