If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
- Consult with UNICEF WASH Team, DSWD ECCD TWG and DILG PMO and review existing materials.
- Prepare a basic module on WinECCD program implementation.
- Data gathering through field visit and interviews with implementors.
- Develop a methodology for enhancement and refinement of the basic module into two sector-specific modules.
- Conduct writeshops, at national level, with resource persons (from the Regional Offices and LGUs).
- Consolidate, digest, and polish the writeshop outputs into the program-specific modules.
- Conduct collaborative meetings with UNICEF, DSWD and DILG.
- Facilitate review and revision of draft modules.
- Finalize modules.
- Inception Report with desk review
- Basic module on WinECCD
- Methodology for refinement of modules
- Documentation of writeshops
- Draft of two modules as outputs of the writeshops
- 1st draft of the two modules
- 2nd draft of two modules
- Final version of modules
Qualifications and Competencies of Successful Consultant
- At least 7 years of experience in development/design of modules, manuals, toolkits, information/instructional materials and similar publications.
- Advance degree in communication arts, education/education management, development studies/management or related fields.
- Ability to translate technical information into user-friendly materials.
- Diligence to consult, coordinate, and collaborate with national and field experts and the concerned national agencies.
- Ability to work well with teams.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, in English and local language.
- Facility with use of tri-media is an asset.
- Experience working with government agencies and local government unit an asset Extensive experience in Qualitative Research.
- Background in WASH/WASH in Schools/ECCD and/or Education is an advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are requested to complete an online candidate profile in http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/ by 10 November 2017. Only applications sent through the e-recruitment portal under Job Number: 508611 will be considered.
All candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, and the duly filled P 11 form which can be downloaded from our website at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/P11.doc indicating three (3) previous supervisors. Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
Only shortlisted consultants will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
Opening Date Fri Nov 03 2017 02:00:00 GMT+0100 (CET) Singapore Standard Time
Closing Date Fri Nov 10 2017 16:55:00 GMT+0100 (CET)