To work with Oxfam and Partners’ staff to find lasting solutions to poverty and suffering.
- The WASH Coordinator – Somali region will lead and manage effective delivery of water,
- sanitation and hygiene component of humanitarian response in Somali region.
- He/she will be the primarily responsible for the technical leadership and supervision of
- WASH interventions by both Oxfam team and its partners in Somali region and co-ordination with other agencies including regional WASH Cluster.
- He/she will support people management within the WASH team.
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- At least 5 years of solid practical experience as a PHE specialist and 2-3 years as a WASH Coordinator / Manager in humanitarian / development programme;
- People management skills · Relevant qualification (preferably post-graduation) in public health engineering or a related discipline (civil / hydraulic / environment engineering), with an excellent technical understanding and demonstrated experience on WASH;
- Excellent technical skills and practical experience of preparing technical drawing, designs, BoQs and estimates of water and sanitation infrastructure;
- Demonstrated experience of coordinating / managing WASH programme with large budget and teams (multiple locations) preferably in Horn of Africa and in Ethiopia;
- Excellent understanding and demonstrated experience of implementing integrated PHE and PHP strategies and interventions;
- Demonstrated experience of integrating gender and protection into emergency response programmes and longer-term strategies;
- Demonstrated experience of working with UN clusters, government authorities and implementing I/. NGO partners;
- Skills and experience of using AUTO-CAD, WATER-GEMS and other relevant software;
- A proven record of mentoring and capacity building of teams and partners in complex contexts;
- Ability to work well under pressure and in response to changing needs.
- Diplomacy, tact and negotiation skills; · Cultural sensitivity ·
- Excellent communication and cross-cultural management skills;
- Sympathy with the aims and objectives of Oxfam;
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and action;
- Excellent command on English language;
- Competent candidate having command over local language (Amharic / Somali) will be preferred;
- Competent candidate having existing legal right to work in Ethiopia will be preferred;