Tetra Tech is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party(DCOP) to participate in the anticipated five-year USAID-funded biodiversity conservation project “South America Promotion of Best Environmental and Social Management Practices”-BMPs. The objective of the project is to facilitate multi-stakeholder agreement on environmental and social management practices in four priority infrastructure sectors including hydroelectricity, roads, oil, gas and mining and to support the promotion, implementation, monitoring and implementation of the BMPs. This is a long-term position and will most likely be located in Lima, Peru for the duration of the project. Candidates with Peruvian nationality will be given preference.
Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)
The DCOP will serve a program management function to ensure effective coordination and integration across USAID’s Amazon BMPs’ project components and oversight of the M&E plan development and implementation.
* Proven staff management, project administration, and financial management skills are required, including ability to develop and manage relationships with a diverse set of officials and stakeholders;
* A minimum of a Master’s degree in environmental sciences or engineering, natural resources management, environmental impact analysis, forestry, biology, ecology, environmental science, policy or management, business administration, or other related fields;
* At least eight (8) years of exemplary professional experience in international program management, preferably including senior management experience at DCOP or equivalent level, and preferably including experience with conversation programs in the Amazon region; preferably with USAID;
* Experience with planning, coordination, communication, and monitoring and evaluation mechanisms and approaches;
* Proficient in Spanish and English. Portuguese is a plus.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.