Tetra Tech is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) to participate in the anticipated five-year USAID-funded biodiversity conservation project “South America Promotion of Best Environmental and Social Management Practices”-BMPs. The objective of the project is to facilitate multi-stakeholder agreement on environmental and social management practices in four priority infrastructure sectors including hydroelectricity, roads, oil, gas and mining and to support the promotion, implementation, monitoring and implementation of the BMPs. This is a long-term position and will most likely be located in Lima, Peru for the duration of the project. Candidates with Peruvian nationality will be given preference.
The COP will be responsible for leading all technical, financial and administrative aspects of the program and will coordinate closely with USAID in developing, implementing, and revising the project’s overall field strategy. The COP will be the principal link between USAID, Tetra Tech ARD, and other partners and provide overall strategic and technical guidance to subcontractors. The COP will provide comprehensive expert technical oversight and guidance in all aspects of the program, including monitoring and evaluation, and reporting to USAID. This would be a full-time position and likely be based in Peru or Colombia for the full life of project (anticipated five years).
*Provide leadership and technical expertise for the project, and supervise expatriate and local teams;
*Develop strategic objectives and confirm project compliance with USAID regulations;
*Manage the project’s implementation, including overall responsibility for personnel and efficient budgeting and financial management
*Oversee technical activities of the project and ensure that impact is achieving the results defined in the contract;
*Evaluate and document project progress and lessons learned;
*Assume responsibility for overall USAID contract management ensuring quality control and timeliness of deliverables.
* Minimum of 5-7 years in director-level role leading and managing complex development programs and multi-disciplinary teams in the Latin America Region, preferably as a Chief of Party for a USAID-funded project.
* Not less than 10 years’ project experience working in one or more technical disciplines: biodiversity conservation; infrastructure development; environmental, economic and social impact assessment; environmental land-use planning; and/or other relevant technical areas.
* Proven track record managing multi-disciplinary development programs and teams, engaging effectively with stakeholders (multicultural and/or multi-country), fostering collaborative learning and adaptive management, and understanding and addressing the needs of the most vulnerable.
* Excellent communication skills in English and Spanish. Brazilian Portuguese a plus
* Strong familiarity with the policy, social, economic, environmental, and cultural context(s) in the Amazon basin region, and specifically issues related to the multi-sectoral impacts of infrastructure development in the region.
* Minimum of a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline is required (biology, forestry, ecology, conservation, planning, anthropology, sociology, economics, and other relevant natural, environmental or social sciences).
* Familiarity with prior consultation processes, corporate social responsibility, and impact investing in the Amazon context is a strong plus.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s ad posted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.