SI is planning to bid on an evaluation of the Water Sector Reform Project of the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) and Government of Sierra Leone’s threshold program aimed at delivering water and electricity services. With a focus on greater Freetown, the Water Sector Reform Project supports government reform efforts to water sector institutions, including testing improved business practices, reducing water loss, and piloting a public-private partnership model for public standpipes.
SI seeks Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Expert to provide technical analysis, advice, and guidance in WASH related activities to include conducting a mixed method analysis to measure program impact.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for technical and methodological leadership related to WASH methods and outcomes.
· Participate in and play a central role in (a) the evaluation design, (b) the development of research tools, (c) data collection, and (d) data analysis.
· Conduct qualitative data collection, such as interviews with major stakeholders.
· Participate in client and stakeholder communication, presentations, and interfacing with program implementers.
· Contribute to developing and drafting documents and reports.
· 8-10+ years of experience conducting WASH research.
· Advanced degree in public health or related field.
· Demonstrated deep knowledge of the WASH and the data necessary to evaluate policy and institutional reform and infrastructure investments in WASH experience in Sierra Leone and/or West Africa.
· Experience with behavior change communication (BCC) and social marketing campaigns on WASH related activities preferred.
· Demonstrated experience in large-scale, complex evaluations or research projects in the WASH sector.
· Experience designing and carrying out quasi-experimental evaluations in the water sector, particularly with respect to urban water supply systems.
· Experience evaluating or implementing international donor funded programs is preferred. Experience in West Africa required; experience in Sierra Leone strongly preferred.