Climate and Development is a leading international peer-reviewed journal on the links between climate and development, with a focus on the global south. It is hosted by the Stockholm Environment Institute and published by Taylor & Francis.
The Managing Editor of Climate and Development – in close collaboration with the publisher – will be responsible for the journal’s daily operations and for supporting the Editor in Chief in enhancing the journal’s profile, visibility and impact.
Manage the journal Climate and Development. Aimed at delivering 8 high-quality journal issues per year. Activities include:
Develop and update journal policies and guidelines, and implement these in the online submission and review system “ScholarOne”
- Monitor and strengthen the review process
- Manage correspondence with the Associate Editors and the Editorial Board
- Run regular meetings with the Associate Editors and the publisher
Develop and promote content from Climate and Development:
- For selected journal articles, write blogs and pursue media opportunities
- Run the journal’s social media accounts
- Help to develop and deliver capacity building ‘writeshops’ aimed at young scholars from developing countries
Editorial support to SEI Asia:
- Edit policy briefs and other publications aimed at SEI’s stakeholders
- Provide editorial support in the drafting and production of research reports
Required minimum qualifications and required experience
- Educational Background: A minimum of a Master’s degree in a relevant field (English studies, Journalism, or similar) with a minimum of 8–10 years of relevant experience as Editor.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English (i.e. at the C2 Level according to the “Common European Framework of Reference for Languages”)
- Familiarity with climate and development issues
- Experience and interest in academic publishing, with excellent skills in editing scientific writing (including technical editing and copy editing), and a proven ability to synthesise scientific information for a non-expert audience
Salary package including health insurance and provident fund commensurate with background, skills and experience. SEI offers an exciting and interesting opportunity to work alongside some of the region’s leading researchers to bring genuine change to the world we live in.