Tetra Tech ARD is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Tanzanian Water Resources Management Specialist candidates for the Sustainable Water for the Mara (SWM) Activity under the USAID-funded Sustainable Water Partnership. SWM is an anticipated 3-year activity that will help Kenyan and Tanzanian stakeholders in the Mara River Basin to safeguard adequate quantities of acceptable quality water for human well-being, ecosystem services, livelihoods and socioeconomic development.
Position Description/Summary: The Tanzania Coordinator/Water Resources Management Specialist will lead coordination of activities and institutional engagement on the Tanzanian portion of the Mara River Basin under the direction of the Team Leader/Senior Water Resources Management Specialist for the Sustainable Water for the Mara (SWM) Activity. The Tanzania Coordinator/Water Resources Management Specialist will be based in Musoma or Mwanza, Tanzania.
* Coordinates and supports technical activities in the Tanzanian portion of the MRB, including the development and validation of the Water Allocation Plan (WAP), implementation of on-the-ground water security interventions, and capacity building and institutional strengthening of Tanzanian stakeholders and institutions;
* In coordination with the Stakeholder Engagement Specialist, supports coordination and engagement with Tanzanian stakeholders and institutions, including but not limited to Tanzania’s Ministry of Water and Irrigation (MoWI), Lake Victoria Basin Water Board (LVBWB), Water User Assocations and Water Utilities, and local Tanzanian implementing partners;
* Provides technical direction and oversight to local organization(s) supporting implementation of on-the-ground water security interventions in Tanzania;
* Supports capacity building activities with Tanzanian stakeholders and institutions on technical topics, such as water security risk assessment, hydrologic and climate modelling, water security implementation, water governance, among other areas;
* Carries out any other activity as deemed appropriate by the SWP Home Office Team
* A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a water-related field, such as engineering, hydrology, or natural resources management, Master’s degree preferred;
* A minimum of five (5) years of experience within the water sector in Tanzania, including with water resources assessment, management and governance
* Strong existing relationships and experience working with water sector institutions and stakeholders in Tanzania, preferably in the Mara River Basin
* Proven communications and capacity building skills
* Experience working with USAID and/or other donors in Tanzania
* Experience with fieldwork in rural areas
* Strong written and verbal communications skills
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s ad posted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.