Tetra Tech ARD, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Stakeholder Engagement Specialist candidates for the Sustainable Water for the Mara (SWM) Activity under the USAID-funded Sustainable Water Partnership. SWM is an anticipated 3-year activity that will help Kenyan and Tanzanian stakeholders in the Mara River Basin to safeguard adequate quantities of acceptable quality water for human well-being, ecosystem services, livelihoods and socioeconomic development.
Position Description/Summary: The Stakeholder Engagement Specialist will lead stakeholder identification, analysis and engagement to support awareness-raising and communications activities under the direction of the Team Leader/Senior Water Resources Management Specialist for the Sustainable Water for the Mara Activity. The Stakeholder Engagement Specialist will be based in Kisumu, Kenya.
* Provides leadership and technical direction of Intermediate Result 2 (Increased public and stakeholder understanding of present water use and future water demand);
* Raises awareness and disseminates key information to local stakeholders across different levels (WRUAs, WUAs, water utilities, water boards, etc.)
* Helps to socialize and gain ownership of Water Allocation Plan (WAP) results and basin status and trends through stakeholder consultation
* Coordinates with the Lake Victoria Basin Commission, Joint Steering Committee/Joint Technical Committee and other key institutions and stakeholders to organize and roll out a communications campaign with the objective of building awareness and understanding of the WAP
* Organizes and helps to carry out a broad-based public awareness campaign to increase public awareness and understanding of the MOU for joint management of the Mara River Basin, the importance of water security in the MRB, basin status and trends, current and future risks facing the Basin, among other areas
* Coordinates with other key organizations and institutions that are carrying out stakeholder engagement activities in the MRB
* Leads private sector engagement and partnership development
* Carries out any other activity as deemed appropriate by the SWP Home Office Team
* A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant social science, business, or natural resources related field
* A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience, including management and supporting donor-funded development projects and working with local stakeholders in Kenya and Tanzania
* Experience working with local stakeholders in the Mara River Basin
* Experience working with USAID and/or other donors in Kenya and Tanzania
* Experience with private sector engagement and partnership development
* Experience with workshop facilitation, participatory training and capacity building
* Experience with fieldwork in rural areas
* Strong written and verbal communications skills.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s ad posted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.