You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by …
playing a key role in tackling the root causes of hunger in DRC. Our projects emphasize quality, relevant and at-scale approaches to providing safe water, sanitation and hygiene services. You will strengthen the technical leadership and know-how of ACF both internally and externally. You will develop the professional capacities of all ACF staff & foster strong relationships with the community.
Key activities in your role will include
- Providing technical support and oversight of the implementation of a various portfolio of WASH projects.
- Ensuring the quality of the programs throughout the project cycle, from needs and technical assessments to evaluation and learning, in adherence with ACF’s standards.
- Designing and implementing the country WASH strategy through context analysis, formulation and reporting of projects, and prospecting for funding, while promoting ACF’s overall integrated approach to address causes of undernutrition.
- Representing ACF externally within the Humanitarian Community and related Government bodies in WASH coordination.
Do you meet the profile required criteria ?
You’re a seasoned WASH professional
- You have an advanced university degree (ex. Master’s) in link with Water and Environmental Sanitation, Hydrogeology, Civil Engineering, Public Health, or related fields.
- You have at least 3 years’ experience leading water, sanitation, hygiene and public health promotion projects in complex humanitarian contexts with the involvement of local communities.
- You are enthusiastic to frequently travel to projects’ locations.
You’re a super communicator
- You are able to adjust your own style to represent ACF appropriately with a range of national counterparts, as well as colleagues from other cultures & professions.
- You can provide technical advice in clear, unambiguous language, patiently explaining to field teams the reasons behind your conclusions in order to develop their technical skills.
- You are diplomatic & can assist colleagues to handle difficult situations.
You’re passionate to develop WASH strategies which have impact
- You remain aware of changing humanitarian needs in DRC & how these may impact ACF’s programs.
- You can develop & adapt strategic plans & proposals to ensure the mission’s objectives are achieved, integrating innovative approaches to WASH activities.
- You are able to consolidate & polish contributions from a large team to ensure reports are comprehensive & coherent. You identify & support how junior staff can improve their reporting skills.
- You are highly organized & pay attention to small details. You are comfortable editing your own work.