Join our international non-profit research organization and help create a sustainable future for all. The SEI Stockholm Centre is a dynamic, expanding workplace that employs around 90 people from 25 different nationalities in an activity-based office in central Stockholm (Garnisonen).
We are recruiting a Communications Officer to support SEI Stockholm research projects and initiatives, with a focus on climate change. Together with the Head of Unit, the Communications Officer will deliver a communication strategy and plan for each project.
This role is also responsible for the delivery of all communication outputs and materials. These outputs include for example: writing news stories and blogs about research progress and results, social media updates and videos/podcasts with project stakeholders.
In addition to the responsibilities described above, this role will work with colleagues across SEI to make sure that our research related to climate change is informing relevant decision makers. Among other things, the Communications Officer will lead the development of an annual communications plan on climate change and have responsibility for SEI’s communications activities related to the UNFCCC and develop content for SEI’s digital channels for climate.
Your main responsibilities
- Partner with the research project leader to deliver the communication elements during the life cycle of the projects;
- Create communication activity plans for the research projects, drawing upon advice from other specialists in the communications team;
- Coordinate all communication activities within the projects, initiatives and events;
- Develop content within different communication channels;
- Monitor and evaluate the outcomes of communications in the projects; and
- Plan for SEI’s participation in the yearly UN climate change conference and following the climate change research community in order to propose communications activities in order to best profile SEI.
Who you are
We are looking for a person with at least seven years of communication experiences with a broad knowledge of various communication channels. You will need to have hands-on experience of communication work such as writing for the web including social media, text, photo and video editing. Experience in Adobe Creative Suite is required.
For this role we are looking for a person with at least two years of experience in communicating on climate change with an interest in developing climate change communication methods. You will need good knowledge of climate change research and the policy landscape, how it operates and who the key players are.
As a person you are a strong project manager and possess a natural ability to initiate and drive tasks and ideas forward. You are inspired by and can engage a broader audience in the areas of environment and development. You transform scientific information into impactful and simple messages.
You are a near-native English speaker with a good command of the Swedish language, both written and spoken.
How to apply
We are reviewing applications on an ongoing basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible, but no later than the 2nd of November. As we only accept applications through our system, please apply through the SEI website and include:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae