EMAGIN is introducing artificial intelligence to the water sector! We provide water and wastewater utilities with an operational intelligence platform to help staff make smarter operational decisions in real-time when controlling their critical infrastructure. In doing so, we’re able to help utilities drive down their operational costs, enhance reliability of services and reduce risks to public safety and the environment.
The Right Candidate:
In short we’re looking for an impact-minded full-time Process Engineer who is passionate about making the world a better place through the use of artificial intelligence. The right person for this role will enjoy working collaboratively with a diverse team to build scalable algorithms for wastewater process modelling, control and optimization.
The Process Engineer will engage with a team of wastewater system modellers, data scientists and project managers to coordinate computationally intensive tasks such as performing process optimization; mining hydraulic, energy and chemical data; and developing system models. Core responsibilities include:
- Design and implement process optimization of activated sludge and anaerobic digestion systems;
- Conduct multivariate statistical analyses of key wastewater performance indicators
- Collect and clean SCADA data for model development and exploratory analysis;
- Contribute to the technical vision of EMAGIN;
- Contribute to the research activities of EMAGIN by producing and publishing peer-reviewed journal papers;
- Contribute to the company’s educational branch by training new employees for the aforementioned tasks
Why we think you will love working with us:
Be a part of building something that will make a difference in the world. Have a big impact at an early-stage, VC-backed software startup. Work with a small team of experienced entrepreneurs creating socially-mindful technology.
Skills & Requirements
- PhD or Master’s degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Systems Design Engineering or similar field.
- 5+ years of experience with Python/C++
- Excellent understanding of process modelling strategies for wastewater infrastructure – namely ASM 1-3 and ADM models.
- 3-5 years of demonstrable experience in the deployment of process control and optimization algorithms (i.e. PID, MPC, GA) for wastewater systems (Published peer-reviewed journal papers in optimization and machine learning is a bonus)
- Experience with high-performance computing
- Strong communication skills, bonus points for teaching experience.
If this sounds challenging and interesting enough, and you have prior experience or expertise in any of these related fields, get in touch! Please apply with your résumé/CV and any links (Github)/attachments about relevant projects and related work.
Job Type: Full-time
- wastewater: 3 years
- programming: 3 years
- Python: 2 years