SIWI seeks a dynamic and professional person to fill the position of Director, World Water Week and Prizes at SIWI. This department is responsible for delivering World Water Week – the leading, annual global event on water and development. It also manages the Stockholm Water Prize and Stockholm Junior Water Prize, two of the world’s most respected prizes on water.
The Director, World Water Week and Prizes, supported by three managers, will lead a team of highly skilled professionals to take these flagship initiatives to the next level – both on the content and logistical side.
The person we are looking for is a visionary, with an inclusive leadership style, a strong business acumen, and experience supporting high-achievement teams – preferably in an international context. This position will work closely alongside management and will be key for developing the Week´s and the Prizes’ strategic partnerships, and mobilizing resources.
The Director will be part of the SIWI Senior Management Team.
- Lead the World Water and Prizes team, including development, staff and budget matters;
- Manage development and implementation of a new strategy and two-year action plans to support delivery of SIWI’s new strategy 2018-2021 strategy ;
- Lead the evolution of World Water Week;
- Liaise with other SIWI departments to develop and improve World Water Week;
- Strengthen World Water Week’s connection with other world leading sustainability and development events;
- Establish and maintain relationships with key Swedish and international partners;
- Lead partnership building and resource mobilization;
- Increase awareness and engagement for World Water Week and Prizes globally and in Sweden; and
- Represent SIWI in national and international meetings, as mandated by the Executive Director.
Preferred skills and experience:
- A Bachelor degree in fields relevant to the position and its responsibilities.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant professional experience.
- Documented leadership skills in an international setting.
- Demonstrated success in the design and execution of large international conferences.
- Demonstrated experience in concept development and/or business development.
- Demonstrated experience in negotiation with partners and suppliers.
- Experience developing and managing budgets, and managing a high-performance team.
- Demonstrated success in partnership development and resource mobilization.
- An established network in Sweden, including media, government and private sector.
- Previous knowledge or background from water/sustainability is desirable.
- Fluent English. Swedish and other languages a merit.
How to apply: Please submit your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] by 27 October 2017. Start date as soon as possible. Further information can be provided by Torgny Holmgren, Executive Director, phone +46 8 1213 6010, and Ms. Louise Heegaard, chair of the local Union, [email protected], phone +46 8 1213 6046.