WaterAid is looking for a Senior Policy Analyst for Water Security to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030.
Working within the Policy and Campaigns Department, the Water Security Senior Policy Analyst will
- Lead on policy responses to the challenges presented by increasing water stress, climate change and declining water quality in the countries where we work and at a global scale;
- Conduct scoping for WaterAid’s work on urban water security – advising and supporting our country programmes on approaches to better integrate water resource management, sanitation and water security measures in an urban context;
- Act as the authoritative reference point for WaterAid on global water security and water quality, promoting the equitable distribution of water resources and ensuring the rights of the poor to access sustainable and affordable water, sanitation and hygiene services.
To be successful, you’ll need to have
- A thorough working knowledge of at least one of the dimensions of water security with a preference for those with a background in developing countries;
- Extensive knowledge of public policy and/or advocacy on policy issues – with preference given to candidates who have a successful record of contributing to public policy or institutional reforms;
- Strong analytical, research and project management skills to progress advocacy and policy objectives;
- A familiarity with the networks and coalitions required to drive an effective change agenda – especially major international agencies (multilateral development banks, United Nations agencies, OECD etc.), governments and NGOs; and
- Impeccable verbal and written skills in English.
We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision, who have an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging to a global community.
Our wide range of benefits including agile/flexible working, generous annual leave and additional leave purchase, exceptional pension, employee assistance programme and fitness and social initiatives.
This vacancy will end one minute before midnight on the closing date specified. No recruitment agencies please.