It’s hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet. Every two minutes a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
WaterAid is looking for a Country Director in Myanmar to play a vital role in our global mission leading to 2030. Our objective is to place water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) at the heart of the development agenda in the country. Led by our Country Director we seek to make Myanmar an important contributor to realising WaterAid’s (WA) global strategic goals.
Working as part of the South Asia Leadership and the International Programme Teams the Country Director will:
- Deliver the Country Programme Strategy with the country, regional and global teams in line with the global strategy, organizational principles and values, to be effective and influential in the Country and in the wider Region.
- Ensure Myanmar country programme strategy and plans link programming practice and policy to maximise our impact by drawing upon State and national evidence.
- Support country programme team to identify and avail funding opportunities.
To be successful, you’ll need to have an extensive experience of:
- Working at a senior level with strategic leadership and management responsibilities in the development sector in Asia, Myanmar experience will be ideal.
- Development policy and practice of key stakeholders in the region such as governments, donors, regional and continental bodies and networks.
- Policy influencing at regional and/or continental levels.
The Country Director will also need to be fully committed to WaterAid’s vision, mission and values and a way of working that demonstrates this, with the ability to communicate this enthusiasm to others.
Please download the recruitment pack here>
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best. This is our pledge to you.
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, please send your application consisting of your letter of motivation and your recent CV to [email protected] by 5th November 2017. Please kindly state WAM + your name on the subject line. Please note: to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Myanmar.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We encourage applications from women applicants.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within two weeks of the application closing date.