Representative of Nineveh Voluntary for IDPs (RNVDO) is a local organization based in Erbil with offices around Nineveh dedicated to serving IDPs and refugees in the Nineveh Governorate. The organization is committed to assisting IDPs and refugees in emergency situations particularly through livelihoods projects, WASH, and emergency food security.
The WASH Project Manager is an Erbil-based position but requires travel around Iraq and Kurdistan Region of Iraq. Key areas of intervention are construction/rehabilitation of water networks, implementation of latrines and other sanitation facilities, and hygiene promotion and education.
This is a full time position from Sunday to Thursday.
• Support WASH activities through implementing project objectives and tracking progress of activities.
• Develop materials for hygiene promotion and training.
• Understand and follow all relevant standard procedures for projects placed by donors and officials.
• Coordinate between team members in the offices and field in order to ensure efficiency and compliance.
• Work with M&E staff and Reporting Officer to ensure all activities are documented and properly monitored.
• Communicate with all appropriate stakeholders involved in projects from government officials to community members.
• Work with finance to ensure budgets are being followed.
• Develop program strategy in coordination with general RNVDO staff:
o Contribute to the development of the strategy for RNVDO intervention in Iraq.
o Assess future requirements and opportunities for RNVDO activities in Nineveh and other governorates.
o Develop alternatives responses in case of security constraints or new needs occurred due to emergency.
Skills & Requirements
• MS in related field (engineering, public health, etc) and technical qualifications;
• Understanding of war affected populations and displacement;
• Demonstrated knowledge of WASH in humanitarian context;
• Strong sense of good judgments and the cultural context;
• Excellent communications skills for report writing, meetings, and general management;
• Ability to work as a team and with others;
• Full command of MS Office Skills (Word, Excel);
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
• Ability to handle stress in unstable circumstances;
• Demonstrated understanding of supply management;
• And strong English and Arabic is essential.
Interested and qualified candidates please apply on [email protected] before indicating the position applied for in the subject line