You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by …
monitoring and overseeing the implementation of all WaSH projects in the Bekaa, analysing the WASH humanitarian context in the Bekaa and support ACF response strategy, you will organize, follow up and capacitate the project teams, ensuring that activities are met according to the contractual agreements and the quality standards of ACF.
Key activities in your role will include
In a context of both emergency and stabilization towards development you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring timely and quality implementation of WaSH projects in the Bekaa
- Promoting the comprehension and support the implementation of WaSH strategy in the intervention area
- Management of a team of around 30 employees (with deputies, supervisors and field officers)
- Donors relation
Specific information about the position:
- Basic assistance post emergency project for Syrian refuges (around 35 000 refugees)
- Construction of WaSH infrastructures benefiting both population
- WaSH intervention in school and health centers
- Remote management in some conflictive areas
- Lebanon mission encourage new approaches and innovative solutions and the implementation of pilots project.
- The position is based in Zahle (Bekaa Valley) with visits to the field less than 1 hour away
- The WaSH department in Zahle is well structured with a lots of capacity within the team
- Zahle is very close to Beirut and offers you lot of diversity in terms of living conditions and activities (sports, trekking, outdoor eating, sea bathing…). More information here : http://www.living-lebanon.com/zahle-and-surroundings.html
Do you meet the profile required criteria ?
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, architecture, university degree in water, sanitation and hygiene
- Expertise in Water, Waste-Water, Hygiene, and Engineering. Good context analysis skills, previous experience in similar position of at least 2 years and in the humanitarian field.
- Excellent team management skills, good listener, high communication skills
- English (compulsory working language, spoken, read and written); Arabic (useful).
Our remuneration package:
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Formal work contract: 12 months starting mid September 2017 (ideally)
- Salary: from 1.700 € to 2.200 € gross per month according to candidate’s previous experience (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger – Spain). Action Against Hunger – Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
- Action Against Hunger – Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
- Up to 20% additional remuneration depending on the position’s context and responsibilities (according the grading scale set by Action Against Hunger)
- House and maintenance covered by the organization (including per diem): package estimated according to the destination.
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
- Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization.
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger – Spain).
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service: