Purpose of the role: To support sustainable utilization of natural resources, shared environment and promote safe access to energy (fuel). The incumbent will build resilience of the target communities’ in disaster risk reduction, climate change adaptation and ecosystem management. S/he will proactively promote appropriate smart climate (green) technologies and approaches in collaboration with private sector and development actors and determine how best to incorporate these approaches into AAH Uganda operations.
- Woodlots established and maintained in the host community and refugee settlement
- Restoration of the depleted forest cover promoted through household levels tree-planting.
- Technical assistance provided to refugees and host communities in energy saving solutions
- Research papers and success stories on energy and environment developed and disseminated
- Coordination, monitoring and evaluation systems on natural resource management established.
- Environment and Natural resource management good practices and lessons documented
- Timely and accurate Donor reports are prepared.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Natural Resources, Environmental Sciences, Forestry, agroforestry or other related fields from recognized University or Institution.
- Demonstrated knowledge of community participatory approaches and disaster risk reduction.
- Demonstrated knowledge of supporting a comprehensive approach to biodiversity, safe access to energy and/or climate change.
- Knowledge of the concepts, principles, techniques and practices of energy, environment and/or climate change.
The complete TOR is available here.
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit their applications (together with an updated CV) with at least three suitable referees with their email and telephone contacts and address their application, by email only, [email protected] to: Senior Human Resource & Administration Officer, Action Africa Help Uganda – Plot 72 Ntinda Road, P O Box 10501, Kampala, Uganda.
Please indicate the role you are applying for in the subject line of your email. Deadline for receiving applications is: 2 October 2017